Backpack or satchel/manbag for uni (1 Viewer)

Satchel or backpack?

• Leather Satchel

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Backpack

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll just us the bags under my eyes from the late night partying and gaming... they should be big enough :D

Haha, in all seriousness, I will probably use a leather shoulder bag when I go simply because I've used them in senior school and I'm used to them now and they seem more convenient to me.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I'll just us the bags under my eyes from the late night partying and gaming... they should be big enough :D

Haha, in all seriousness, I will probably use a leather shoulder bag when I go simply because I've used them in senior school and I'm used to them now and they seem more convenient to me.

haha. i like this thread :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm using the abckpack I used in school, it mes all the heavy textbooks seem light for some reason.

HSC
I'm one of those people who has a few bags rotating.

I have a backpack with a laptop compartment, which I use for days when I have my laptop.

I have another backpack thats pretty roomy for days when I need a lot of textbooks/library books with me (its rare that I use this one though).

I have a messenger bag for days when I just need notebooks or readers, lunch etc.

I have a big handbag for days when I don't need much at all (so maybe just exercise books, water bottle, snacks etc).

Some days when I cbf taking shit out of my normal handbag I take that and then chuck my books into a cotton on/supre type bag. Actually works better than it sounds.

Downsides to this: I am forever moving stuff from one bag to another. Its also pretty common for me to get to uni and realise that I don't have any pens/highlighters etc and have to run to the bookshop or library to buy some.

I will also point out that I think I'm a rarity. Most people I know have one bag that they use all the time, whether it be a backpack or a messenger bag, but seriously noone is going to judge you based on what kind of bag you have.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i have a stick and a piece of picnic cloth which i tie up into a bag.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Don't you people know the difference between a manbag and a satchel bag?
Satchels are typically worn from one shoulder to the opposite hip, across the chest. Manbags have shorter straps and hence can't be worn like that, so are carried in your wing, on the same side as the shoulder strap.
Jeez. Idiots.

terminator69

HSC
Do most unis have some kind of helpline you can call if you can't decide between a bum bag and a sleeping bag?

CecilyMare

HSC
is it just me or do satchels/man bags keep hitting you on the side, no matter where you adjust it to?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
is it just me or do satchels/man bags keep hitting you on the side, no matter where you adjust it to?
Depends whether you wear it on the side or more towards the back.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
lol, maybe its just me, but my uni friends are always commenting that they never see me with the same bag.

though i do think they're a bit weird.
ah who cares what they say. its just a bag. i change mine too and everyones like oh you got a new bag. lol what? its only coz i dont have much to bring thats why

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
what's a good bag that i can get that is like countryroad bag? i need some decent answers, gais

Do most unis have some kind of helpline you can call if you can't decide between a bum bag and a sleeping bag?
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)