Bah I'm noob. I need technique-related help! (1 Viewer)

q3thefish

HSC
Yeh.. well I'm doing module B atm and I need techniques that would establish a sense of equality and/or unity.

Oh and btw, I'm doing Aung San Suu Kyi's "Keynote Address at the Beijing World Conference on Women" and Anwar Sadat's "Statement to the Knesset".

Uh yeah. Techniques needed to convey these ideas pplz! :wave:

bored of sc

HSC
There's no set techniques that you are looking out for.

For speeches there tends to be rhetorical questions, repetition etc. But there might not be. If you need help identifying techniques post up an extract from the text(s).

Also look at what type of narration is used (first person, second person, third person), syntax, cliches, metaphors, similes... the list goes on.

Finally, if you stuck for finding techniques: http://community.boredofstudies.org/7/english-advanced/180330/list-english-techniques.html

Last edited:

-tal-

HSC
Yeh.. well I'm doing module B atm and I need techniques that would establish a sense of equality and/or unity.

Oh and btw, I'm doing Aung San Suu Kyi's "Keynote Address at the Beijing World Conference on Women" and Anwar Sadat's "Statement to the Knesset".

A bit hard giving you the right technique when you won't post some quotes.

donthaveaname

HSC
N/A

Me too
i have the exact same problem
help!!!:confused:

killermouse

HSC
This might help for sedat
Within Anwar Sadat’s “Statement to the Knesset”, he shares the same view Suu Kyi, aiming to “shape a new life” for a future of “Durable peace based on justice.” Sadat, using a formal structure similar to suu kyi, places emphasis on moving beyond the injustices (between Muslims, Christian and Jews) “of the past and present” to shape a future of impartiality, attempting to unite all humans collectively. In initially referring to “all Muslims, Christians and Jews”, of Israel, Palestine and the western world, “under one god”, with the commandments of “love, sincerity and purity” Sadat effectively establishes a tone of harmony and peace between the people of these conflicting nations. This tone also suggests Sadat’s seriousness towards peace and as a result the audience feels more engaged and are more likely to respond by a positive means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)