Ban on Gay Marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
i'm serious. i think being gay is fucked up, thats my opinion. If gay guys think that screwing chicks is fucked up thats fine thats their opinion. I don't see the problem here.
So you wouldn't mind if two bisexuals got married then (both being male).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Xayma said:
So you wouldn't mind if two bisexuals got married then (both being male).
Thats still gay.

Just cause I don't think that being gay is right doesn't mean I think gay guys are bad blokes. Although the ones who show it off like its the new fashion trend piss me off. It's like me walking round proclaiming to the world that I am straight.

elisabeth

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Thats still gay.

Just cause I don't think that being gay is right doesn't mean I think gay guys are bad blokes. Although the ones who show it off like its the new fashion trend piss me off. It's like me walking round proclaiming to the world that I am straight.
Everyone shows off... be it your hot new car with -green- P plates, your gf... so they're not ashamed of their sexuality, who cares. Ignore it.

Frankly, it makes me smile when people are blatantly gay. Good for them that they've got the courage not to hide in the closet for fear of persecution. I doubt anyone would give two shits about you proclaiming you're straight, a lot of people also won't give two shits if someone is gay. But come on, chances are if anyone's gonna get bashed or rude looks, it's gonna be the gay guy and not you.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
i'm serious. i think being gay is fucked up, thats my opinion. If gay guys think that screwing chicks is fucked up thats fine thats their opinion. I don't see the problem here.
Alrite Einstein, I have two questions for you before I put you on ignore:

1. Why? You cannot offer any logical or moral justification for your claim other than your own disconcertion.

2. What if you were gay? I somehow doubt you would assert the same unfounded prejudice.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Alrite Einstein, I have two questions for you before I put you on ignore:

1. Why? You cannot offer any logical or moral justification for your claim other than your own disconcertion.

2. What if you were gay? I somehow doubt you would assert the same unfounded prejudice.
1. Well let me just point you in the direction of the bible because although I am not christian, 33% of people are, and the bible says it is wrong.

2. I would not be gay. Ever. And once again, I never said gay guys were bad people. I just said being gay is screwed up, and so I don't want to see it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's like me walking round proclaiming to the world that I am straight.
if you did that id actually think you were gay...

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
townie said:
me and neo_o settled this argument ages ago (http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=914954#post914954)

the simplest plan.

Marriage as an institution should be returned to the church and carry no legal force.

Civil Unions should be the legal binding of two PEOPLE.

i.e. all marriages are civil unions, but not all civil unions are marriages. by removing marriage as having legal force prevents there being two tiers

the world wont collapse of two men/two women can get some recognition.
works for me

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
1. Well let me just point you in the direction of the bible because although I am not christian, 33% of people are, and the bible says it is wrong.
1. If you want to prove that being gay is wrong based on the bible, you have to prove the bible is true. Proving the bible is true would involve proving that God is real AND that the bible is a reflection of that God's beliefs. Since you cannot do any of that, you cannot point to the bible.

2. Saying that a certain number of people believe something is a fallacy called arguing from majority. It's like me being in Nazi Germany in WW2 and saying, "95% of the population believes jews are evil, therefore they must be evil." Just because a certain number of people believe something does not make it true.

3. There is a strong argument that the bible does not actually rule against gay behaviour anyway:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:8-10

Two Indeterminate Texts

The meaning of these texts, said to exclude homosexual people from the Kingdom of God, hinges on the meaning of two Greek Terms, `malakoi' and `arsenokotai.' Throughout history these terms have been translated variably (masturbatory, practicers of heterosexual anal sex, sodomites, catamites and the like). Suggested translations today still vary (morally loose, masturbators who waste their property, boys and their pederast partners, temple prostitutes serving men and women, gold-digging gay hustlers who pursue the elderly). No one really knows what these terms mean. There is no good reason to suppose they apply to consensual, respectful, homosexual acts per se, especially since such an interpretation would be in conflict with all the rest of the Bible.

"References on Homosexuality and the Bible"

I CORINTHIANS 6:9-10 reads:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [malakoi], nor homosexual offenders [arsenokoites], nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I placed two words in brackets. The first one, "malakoi", Scroggs (p. 14) says "literally means 'soft' and is no technical term for a homosexual." It apparently refers to young boys who would take the "recepient" position in anal sex, often for money. It's also translated in some Bibles as "morally weak".

"Aresenokoitai", on the other hand, is clearly a sexual term but, according to Scroggs:

Since... the New Testament occurrences are the earliest appearances of the word, it is not easy for us to be sure what it means. John Boswell in his recent study denies that it refers to a homosexual person in general but rather specifically to the male prostitute who could serve heterosexual or homosexual clients. At any rate, the sin is prostitution, not homosexuality in itself. (p. 14)

These words are the words used both in Corinthians and in I Timothy 1:10 which are commonly translated into modern bibles as "homosexual", "effeminate," and "self-indulgent." In these enlightened times, however,there is no indication that such terms are in any way connected to homosexuality in itself.

In fact, according to Is the Homosexual my Neighbor by Letha Scanzoni and Virginia Ramey Mollenkott:

the idea of a lifelong homosexual orientation or "condition" is never mentioned in the Bible... Bible writers assumed that everyone was heterosexual and that in times of moral decay, some heterosexuals peopled did some strange and unnatural things with each other. Since the Bible is silent about the homosexual condition, those who want to understand it must rely on the findings of modern behavorial science research... (p. 71)

In summary, despite common interpretations of the words "malakoi" and "aresenokoitai" in modern times, there is no clear evidence which links them unquestionably to homosexuality in itself. Instead, in every case in which they are used, there is an implied connection with either prostitution or child molestation. Modern research shows us, however, that such connections are fallacious. There is no research which clearly demonstrates that there is any correlation between homosexuality and the "sins" referenced alongside it in Corinthians and Timothy.
--------------------
2. I would not be gay. Ever. And once again, I never said gay guys were bad people. I just said being gay is screwed up, and so I don't want to see it.
I didn't say you were, I said imagine IF you were gay. You obviously do not have the mental capacity to think of a hypothetical. You could have been born gay, then what? I think you'd have a slightly different attitude.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
1. If you want to prove that being gay is wrong based on the bible, you have to prove the bible is true. Proving the bible is true would involve proving that God is real AND that the bible is a reflection of that God's beliefs. Since you cannot do any of that, you cannot point to the bible.

2. Saying that a certain number of people believe something is a fallacy called arguing from majority. It's like me being in Nazi Germany in WW2 and saying, "95% of the population believes jews are evil, therefore they must be evil." Just because a certain number of people believe something does not make it true.

3. There is a strong argument that the bible does not actually rule against gay behaviour anyway:

--------------------
I didn't say you were, I said imagine IF you were gay. You obviously do not have the mental capacity to think of a hypothetical. You could have been born gay, then what? I think you'd have a slightly different attitude.
1. I'll leave it to the christians to prove thei bible is true. Because as I don't believe it, I can't prove it is true.

2. Yeah so

3. But the chirstian community does.

-------------------
Its not hypothetically possible.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
1. I'll leave it to the christians to prove thei bible is true. Because as I don't believe it, I can't prove it is true.

2. Yeah so

3. But the chirstian community does.

-------------------
Its not hypothetically possible.
<sarcasm> you have such a good argument there. I see your point </sarcasm>

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Ollz San said:
<sarcasm> you have such a good argument there. I see your point </sarcasm>
Yeah I don't have an argument. I'm busy with others things and don't have time to argue. If I actually cared that people don't like my opinion because I am not arguing it then I might bother, but I don't.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:

You make it sound like homosexuality is a choice. Did you one day decide you would be attracted towards females?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well you are on abnormal person, and given your lack of sex (see VSU argument) you could just be asexual :p

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Xayma said:
Well you are on abnormal person, and given your lack of sex (see VSU argument) you could just be asexual :p
My lack of sex is not from lack of trying.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
any1 who thinks they "choose" their sexuality is an idiot.

lets look at this scenario and see how viable we think it is:

"hmmm, i'm waking up today, lets make a deciscion. i think i'm going to be a second class citizen. i think i'll choose not to be accepted into major religions, i think i'll suffer the possibility of being attacked in the stree. i think i'll choose to do something that will make people call me a deviant, peadophile and tell me i'm going to hell. i think i'll choose a lifestyle where i wont be able to marry the one i love or have the joy of children. and i think i'll choose a lifestyle that could get me descriminated against in the workplace"

nobody would CHOOSE that, i'm gay because i was born that way, it's a part of who i am, i'm allowed to be proud of who i am, everybody flaunts something about their lifestyle. even jesus did, he flaunted the fact he could do miracles, nobody bitched about him doing that. maybe the reason some gays are so vocal in their pride is because of the shit way we get treated by a large minority of people.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Thats still gay.

as if you don't flaunt the things that make up who you are!

I do. :)

I wore a chinese top with a miniskirt and i was flaunting my scrambled cultures

I was going to have a tattoo of two bass-clef's to flaunt the fact that i'm musical

I delibretly tell my friends when I see a fiiiiiiiiiine looking man walk by and say "i want that man naked. now." Which is deadly obvious that I'm straight.

I've been called out to "SHOW US YOUR BOOBS", by people who were flaunting that they were straight and horny.

It happens. People can't help who they are, it's okay to be proud of it and show it off sometimes....

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
as if you don't flaunt the things that make up who you are!

I do. :)

I wore a chinese top with a miniskirt and i was flaunting my scrambled cultures

I was going to have a tattoo of two bass-clef's to flaunt the fact that i'm musical

I delibretly tell my friends when I see a fiiiiiiiiiine looking man walk by and say "i want that man naked. now." Which is deadly obvious that I'm straight.

I've been called out to "SHOW US YOUR BOOBS", by people who were flaunting that they were straight and horny.

It happens. People can't help who they are, it's okay to be proud of it and show it off sometimes....

SHOW US YOUR BOOBS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)