Band 4 Standard English (1 Viewer)

Nikolerak

HSC
Common Module: Waste Land (loved this documentary, still one of my faves)
Mod A: Contemporary Asian Australian Poets
Mod B: Curious Incident
Mod C: Pedestrian (Bradbury), Fringe Benefits of Failure (JK Rowling), Sporting Spirit (Orwell)

Nikolerak

HSC
Do you have any creatives based on Fringe benefits of failure?

quickoats

HSC
Do you have any creatives based on Fringe benefits of failure?
No, I wasn’t in the camp of rote learning/memorising creatives to regurgitate and adapt in the exam, I preferred to do it on the spot in the exam based on my knowledge.
I found that whilst memorising would’ve been okay for AoS in the old syllabus, it really feels like putting a square peg in a round hole in mod C.

Nikolerak

HSC
No, I wasn’t in the camp of rote learning/memorising creatives to regurgitate and adapt in the exam, I preferred to do it on the spot in the exam based on my knowledge.
I found that whilst memorising would’ve been okay for AoS in the old syllabus, it really feels like putting a square peg in a round hole in mod C.
I agree 100%, but thought maybe you had some practice ones.

quickoats

HSC
I agree 100%, but thought maybe you had some practice ones.
In other words, I completely winged mod C and that's my justification for it.

I'm not even entirely sure what I ended up writing about in my HSC - it definitely wasn't a creative, that's for sure.

Anh4life

HSC
You shouldn’t be aiming for a band 4 but rather a band 6 no matter how good/bad you are at that subject. Limiting yourself to a band 4 will restrict your chances of you getting a band 5/6.

Nikolerak

HSC
You shouldn’t be aiming for a band 4 but rather a band 6 no matter how good/bad you are at that subject. Limiting yourself to a band 4 will restrict your chances of you getting a band 5/6.
Not 'aiming', but that is the bare minimum I need to get. I was hoping that people will tell me that the Band 4 is fairly easy to get if decent effort is put in. 😀

_rakelt

HSC
I think band 4 is rather too easy for standard eng. I had a friend who sucked shit in english in general (LOL) but managed to pull a band 4 so..? anything is possible if u put ur mind to it

Nikolerak

HSC
I think band 4 is rather too easy for standard eng. I had a friend who sucked shit in english in general (LOL) but managed to pull a band 4 so..? anything is possible if u put ur mind to it
Did your friend go to a high ranking school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)