Band 6 for Standard (1 Viewer)

lil_crazy_angel

crazy one
HSC
advance ppl get band 6 n standards dont coz deir english ish way betta den us, and they are taught differently. In dat they are taught more in depth study, n r taught early, wen dey were in yr11. standard students are taught slowly, n r only taught da basic, to pass english. i noe dis coz i dropped out of english advance, coz da workload was way too much n i didnt understand it. well dis is wat its like in my skol dat is newaiz, so dunno abt urs.

for example,
advance-dey r taught to identify sophisticated techniques, explain wat dey r, quote, explain da effect dey do on da audience, n further xplain.

standard-identify basic techniques, quote, n effect

hope dat helps

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lil_crazy_angel said:
for example,
advance-dey r taught to identify sophisticated techniques, explain wat dey r, quote, explain da effect dey do on da audience, n further xplain.

standard-identify basic techniques, quote, n effect
What about Area of Study? Shouldn't both Advanced and Standard be taught the same way?

Yar_Shrabi

burrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!
HSC
Trebla said:
What about Area of Study? Shouldn't both Advanced and Standard be taught the same way?
ya but advanced ppl can do it better than standard ppl(i.e longer in more detail and more accurate and the linking is v.imp ,and they use better related material).......coz well they r better at English .. ppl in st should aim for like 89 if they cant get 90+, and trust me that’s gud enough. I got 77 and got a uai of 90 n my other subjects were prity crap to, so if u get a high band 5 in st English u can get a uai in the high 90’s(that’s if u’r other subs r gud l :p l)....

gud luck pplz ;)

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I read somewhere that 2 people got a band 6 for standard last year in the state!
but then again my school only got 1 band 6 in advanced :(

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Peter skrzynecki is taught as standard at other schools so im happy
thats wat we do for AOS
id much rather that than imaginative or something
but i agree, king lear, BNW/BR and telling the truth would b much harder than the standard modules
i mean my friend is doing POETRY! :chainsaw: , Witness :vcross: and henry lawsons short stories :chainsaw:
if only we got it that easy!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
I read somewhere that 2 people got a band 6 for standard last year in the state!
but then again my school only got 1 band 6 in advanced :(
Yes thats correct one of them (Cassandra, was in my English class last year)

Pace_T

HSC
miss_gtr said:
if they are good enough to get a band 6 in standard, shouldnt they of picked advanced english, im sure they would be do better in that.
the workload isnt HEAPS more, i think in adv, we jut have to be more analytical of our texts/language.
in AOS @ my school, both advanced and standard are doing"Physical Journeys"..... and standard does huck finn, we do Peter Skryznecki, and i believe we are taught differently on AOS even in technique and stuff.

my school is the same. i think that the advanced students and standard students are taught in the same way for AOS. its just that the expectations of the students in standard exceed their capabilities, generally because they are not as smart. whereas in advanced, they are going to be a smarter bunch, and thus teachers can get more work done etc and this leads onto the more indepth teaching of techniques and stuff.
both adv and std. do the same paper for AOS in the HSC right? my class had an assessment for AOS, it was exactly the same for the adv. students. although i would expect that the marker is more generous with marks with the assignments from the std. class, but i fail to see why the teachers would intentionally avoid teaching those more indepth techniques and stuff.

our teacher in eng. std. places no limitations on their capabilities, but 3/4 of the class doesn't listen to her, so basically that's how we are taught differently and we are slowed down heaps in class.

so yeh, i think the teaching is the same, and i agree with u that advanced has to be more analytical of the texts and language.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I think the whole hsc scalin is a lot of crap.. my english teacher told my m8 that because she did extension english n now has dropped to standard she will still b graded up.. but lyk that was in yr 11..doesnt make any sense to me she wont b writin about the same things..

i did advanced in yr 11 n i jus dropped to standard in yr 12 becoz i wanted to enjoy skool more without to much work lol im abit lazy, but now it sucks becoz my teacher has no idea what topics we r doin in the hsc n tells us to just write storys pretty much every lesson or jus lets us sit there.. i wanted to do less work but not to the point where i do nothin i want a half decent uai but i dnt even understand how its all scaled, n its unfair becuase when we hav assessments at school every teacher marks differently for their class in stadard.

But i suppose we all just hav to get over it and accept it, because if we want to do well and put our own effort in we will do well

Im so scared im going to miss my friends soo much :-(

rajeev

HSC
i hope it doesnt get scaled down too much!

ive been getting like 17/20's which is band 6.. i hope i dont go down to band 5.. but from what u guys and like EVERYONE is saying, it sounds like im not gonna get a band 6 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)