band 6 in maths sc (1 Viewer)

HSC
if u really want to study i suggest past and prac papers. the questions are all the same just with different numbers. you axe it..

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
I usually get bad marks in easy maths tests....
so i dont really like the SC maths....

Its kinda like the general course, you gotta type in the calculator carefully etc... and not make silly mistakes..

n that isn't me..

which is why the SC is crap and doesnt matter at all..

now 4u maths,.... thats a real subject.
Get 96+ in that and u will have my respect

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sladehk said:
Band 6 in SC is extremely easy since the maths is like YR6 maths(if you don't believe me check out the SC past papers). As long as your brain isn't severely damaged before you go to do the exam you will DEFINITELY get a Band 6
I got 87 - band 5, I'm coming first in 4unit maths.

Q.E.D.

S

Shuter

My Friend got 97 or 98 in SC maths, he got like 22/50 in Extension 1 Maths and around 70 in 2U Advanced for hSC.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i got 96 in 4u.. .. oh well .. SC i got lik mid-90s... too long now.. so noone will actualli give a fuck :)
.. wait till ure in Uni for real maths.. and yr 12 when it actualli counts.. ^^

HSC
yeh it wont show what you can really do, i was only getting average 70% in mathematics, but im hitting 90s in maths general

wogstaR

HSC
I'm aiming to do well in the SC as well, people say it's pointless, I know it is because im going onto yr12 but i just might as well do well in it, give me abit of experiance with upcoming exams etc..

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
SC maths is fairly easy. Just make sure you understand what you're doing, and how to do it. Do a few past papers the weekend before, and you're set. I pulled a 92, barely tried :p... SC doesnt matter when you get to prelim, prelim doesnt matter when yuo get to HSC and HSC don't matter when you get to uni :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I was last in every exam in maths in year 9 and 10. Dead set last. No matter how I tried. No joke. Teacher gave me individual lunchtime classes. She said I'd only get band 4 at most.

I hated maths.

Band 6 I then did receive, beating heaps of people in my class.

There's my story for you.

wogstaR

HSC
Yeah, but i heard SC is more General Ability , and when time comes for HSC you WILL need to know your stuff otherwise you might as well kark it :p

illmtl

HSC
I did the SC last year (2004) studied not a jot and got 99. The only thing that bothered me in the test was that the questions were so easy there had to be some trick to it - but no. My friend got 84 without even starting the last section (worth 15 marks).... so the SC is nothing to worry about.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Study the easy shit, because they never put the hard mother fucking questions in the test. ROFL they even give you the formulas too :)

jessied

HSC
my advice to those year 10 who want to get band 6 in maths.... do a past sc test every few weeks to make sure you understand the basics of maths because the sc test is set so EVERYONE in the state can do it. so if you do advanced (not sure with intermediate) its important that you know the basics because i don't think anything from the advanced course is examined... i got 90 and did hardly any study and just the on-line multi choice tests..

jessied

HSC
oh and remember the non-calculator section.. its easy to forget how to do the basic's without one eg changing fractions into percentages and what 5% of $4.50 is etc...

-pari-

HSC
N/A
heloooo....... ^^ u mentioned online multiple choice tests....

the only tests i can find are the few past papers supplied on the official BOS site....

where else can i find past papers, or some similar tests which i can test myself out on....?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
to get a band6 you must have the ability to bullshit :uhhuh: but in maths, you must know how to add, subtract, multiply and divide - goodluck, you wont need it though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)