Bands/musicians that everybody loves but you can't get into (1 Viewer)

Mr Lovepony

HSC
As the title says. No matter how much my friends recommend them, I can't like them.

Pink Floyd
Joy Division (Though I really like New Order. I think it is Ian Curtis's voice, because I like the version of Atmosphere that is done by New Order)
The Clash (Even London Calling puts me to sleep)
The White Stripes

nwatts

HSC
the only one i think is bob dylan. the guy is cool, usually writes good lyrics, but i don't like his voice.

arrested development
HSC
coldplay
death cab for cutie
the shins
jeff buckley (sort of... i mean, i do like his songs but not as much as i feel i ought to)

arrested development
HSC
oh, and the presets, of course. i think most people must have hearing problems if they honestly like that crap.

nwatts

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
aww some of his stuff i really like, just most of it, can't gel with :(

blur are another band who i don't mind but don't see the huge fuss over

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Zoe, dont start the OMG DES BANDS R CRAP.

Its what bands cant YOU get into.
:uhhuh: i happen to like the presets.

but that said, uh .. i can't really get into a lot of the artists that have been said .. wolfmother, metallica, foo fighters, the white stripes, muse, sigur ros, the clash (seriously, i do not see the attraction in their music), david bowie, franz ferdinand, green day, you am i, placebo, tool ..

i'm probably going to be slapped for that. but music taste is completely subjective, and it just so happens that none of these bands or artists have ever had any real appeal to me.

arrested development
HSC
i agree with the foo fighters

also, i really can't get into this new rave stuff. give me jangly guitars any day!
and grindie! i just cannot understand it.

Mr Lovepony

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i'm probably going to be slapped for that. but music taste is completely subjective, and it just so happens that none of these bands or artists have ever had any real appeal to me.
Down with music fascisim. :bomb:

As for Blur, I thought the same thing as nwatt, until I heard their Think Tank album and now I have developed a fondness for them. Still not one of my favourites.

As for Radiohead, I haven't heard their Kid A, but I know that I don't like The Bends (except for Street Spirit), and OK Computer (except for Climbing up the Wall or whatever the hell it's called). I actually liked Hail to the Thief a lot. Got bagged out heaps by some guy you thought he was the Lord of Radiohead or something.

arrested development
HSC
grime/indie. i dunno, man... it just seems like another pointless genre that's been made because now everyone's getting over the post-punk revival stuff. it's all rather lame-o.

burkeyyy

HSC
Oasis - I do enjoy and appreciate some of their songs, but I really don't understand what all the hype is about.

lulu24-7

HSC
totally agree with oasis
and what about arctic monkeys.... never saw the orignialtiy that was so overly publicised

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
haha zoe "grindie" and "new rave" -oh so 2006 NME

artists i dont get:

Roxy Music
Talking Heads (remain in light is ace but the rest is meh)
Iggy Pop...seriously what is all the fuss about?? i mean I Wanna Be Your Dog and Search and Destroy are tunes but his overrated like hell by everyone..
Cocteau Twins

as for the clash..people listen to the first self-titled album..better than london calling..especially the US version

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
placebo
panic! at the disco
coldplay
you am i
eskimo joe (ARGGGHHHHBLAAAHHARRRGGGHHDIIIEEE)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)