B'ball (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yup, been following the nba for years but dont really have a fav team..i just follow my favourite players like jason kidd, nowitzki and tmac!. the nbl, never really liked it but ive always followed the kingz, but now im gonna follow the nz breakers.

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by copious
yup, been following the nba for years but dont really have a fav team..i just follow my favourite players like jason kidd, nowitzki and tmac!. the nbl, never really liked it but ive always followed the kingz, but now im gonna follow the nz breakers.
Jason Kidd's alright....i follow a lot of college ball, and my fave NBA team is the Minnesota Timberwolves...
I LOVE the Kings...finally got their championship, i think they can only get better. First game tonight v Perth, grand final rematch which should be interesting. Breakers have got Melmeth hey, have you heard how the Breakers are exempt from the points system/salary cap? I think that the Pirates should be as well, because technically they are a new team, but because they're operating under the Cannons' old license the cap still applies to them. Doesn't seem very fair....but then the whole NBL salary cap system sucks, $700 000 :( no wonder the Pigs couldn't afford an import.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah $700,000 is shit all, considering the amount players get EACH overseas. they really need to shake it up a bit.

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by copious
yeah $700,000 is shit all, considering the amount players get EACH overseas. they really need to shake it up a bit.
i know, it's ridiculous. The new system with the points was the big shake up, supposedly to ensure the survival of the league but it's just going to drive more of the best players and the developing players away.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i played bball for 6 yrs but stopped coz of the HSC stoooooopid :(

Bimbo

Southern Girl
GOOOOOO THE KINGS! What a great way to open the season...

(Kings 114-Perth 95)

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
yeah kings rule, i got my tix for the year, 5 from the front :D
stupid hsc being on during the season, im gonna miss heaps of the first few games

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by felix_js
yeah kings rule, i got my tix for the year, 5 from the front :D
stupid hsc being on during the season, im gonna miss heaps of the first few games
what section are you in? We've got the use of 2 corp boxes for the season :D , they're on the opposites side to the benches. Are you going to the first home game on the 18th?? Just study heaps beforehand, you can't miss it, it's going to be a good game!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Meanwhile, Boomer Shane Heal has signed a "no guarantees" contract with NBA champions San Antonio Spurs that will earn him $36,500 a week.

$36,500!!!!, sure beats playing in the nbl.

^___^
HSC
lol@Heal..

u reckon he can gte back to the form that he lead the Kings to title??

he is a good shooter..but i dunno, the intensity of NBA can seriously make him look like a kid playing with adults...

HSC
hehe i still remember his little quarrel with chubby b during 96 games!

the whoe spurs team is the kings! last year steven jackson...before that andrew gaze...now its shane!!

anyone read about deke? now thats a shame for the nets...

and any comments on jackson and his "jordan pursuit"
heheheh

anyways....melo is better than bron!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i think he'll do decent, he's basicly filling in for where steve kerr left off and he's like 4 years younger than kerr was.

anyway as with jordan, it'll be interesting if he suited up for the lakers. imagine shaq,malone,payton,jordan and kobe in the starting lineup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)