Beat Exam Stress Now! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
bambaffled said:
hmm.. i joined the gym to 'beat' HSC stress.. that and I eat when i study, like lots of junk, so i've put on weight. imagine walking into an exam feeling yuck. don't want that!!
yes........ indeed

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
why do people feel the need to stress in the first place. if you've done the work during the year then exams should just be a reflection of that. the only time you should be stressing is if you know you haven't done the work.
as for listening to music, i find that works to take you to your own little world...it helps to block out other people or things around you so you can concentrate.
everybody just needs to relax.:)

do the work in class during the year = non stress exam. :wave:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
karatekid72 said:
why do people feel the need to stress in the first place. if you've done the work during the year then exams should just be a reflection of that. the only time you should be stressing is if you know you haven't done the work.
as for listening to music, i find that works to take you to your own little world...it helps to block out other people or things around you so you can concentrate.
everybody just needs to relax.:)

do the work in class during the year = non stress exam. :wave:
say that again next year before your HSC exams, even after doing all that work. you can still fuck up your exams. Badly. No matter how much study you do.

vintagevince

HSC
The_highwayman said:
it's a nice theory, karatekid, but theory doesnt always translate to reality.
nicely said,

I have 3 exams upcoming, and I am thinking about using different things to help me out, but as you have said above, theory doesn't always translate to reality.

I think just working hard and giving it your best should work.

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
Then maybe this technique just doesn't work for you. :) that cool.
and shit happens - there are other ways to get into uni or succeed. the HSC and UAI (in NSW) aren't everything. yes people bum out in exams - might just be me but i believe this is because they are stressing about not knowing the work. what do you reckon???

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
karatekid72 said:
and shit happens - there are other ways to get into uni or succeed. the HSC and UAI (in NSW) aren't everything. yes people bum out in exams - might just be me but i believe this is because they are stressing about not knowing the work. what do you reckon???
People stress because its the HSC. Plenty of people who are 100% prepared for exams still stress. You really can't comment on stress during the HSC until you go through it yourself. Term 4 of year 12 is nothing, wait until October of next year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
karatekid72 said:
it has been demonstrated numerous times academically that high levels of stress lead to a decrease in cognitive processing quality, and thus a decrease in performance in examinations.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
people always say "it's not the only way to get into uni" but, honestly, it's the simplest and (arguably) the easiest, which means less gross stress.

And staz, i find that if i'm way calm during an exam i do worse. i personally need to be a little nervous/stressed in order to psych myself up, get my brain going and finish the test in time.

Kaz.B

HSC
the highwayman is technically correct...if u didnt or dont feel nervous in situations such as an exam (unless u really dont care) the body isn't able to stimulate ur brain and produce necessary wateva it is in the body that enable u to function well...in simplier terms if dat butterfly feeling didnt exist u'd just drop dead
does dat make every1 feel betta about being stressed and nervous?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Kaz.B said:
the highwayman is technically correct...if u didnt or dont feel nervous in situations such as an exam (unless u really dont care) the body isn't able to stimulate ur brain and produce necessary wateva it is in the body that enable u to function well...in simplier terms if dat butterfly feeling didnt exist u'd just drop dead
does dat make every1 feel betta about being stressed and nervous?
of course, there's always a limit as to how much stress is healthy.

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
But I think some people let that feeling take over them, thats when stress gets out of control.

iamarockstar

HSC
This might not appeal to anyone else but i listen to music chronically and it chills me out, probably because its so loud it forces the stress out of me or i go for a walk listening to music to clear my head??

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
stazi said:
say that again next year before your HSC exams, even after doing all that work. you can still fuck up your exams. Badly. No matter how much study you do.

well im here - doing trials at the moment and my theory is still working so **pokes tounge out**

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
How irritatingly confident?
Maybe you'll completely fail your trials and then start stressing?
The girl who got dux of our school last year (99+) was more stressed than anyone. I think she had multiple breakdowns and possibly heart failure, lol.
But she's brilliant =)
She just thought she was nowhere near as good as everyone else. Silly muffin.
Point is, she still did bloody well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)