Being forced to repeat or do pathways for HSC, NEED URGENT HELP! (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If I was to get medical certificates and such for my absences to get them all explained or something, would it help?
To an extent. Depends what it was. Tell U's

Say you had cancer, it will definitely give you grounds. If it was something silky like a cold it wont

ncoul

HSC
I am just going to say it

It's your own fault. You shouldn't of missed so many days of school, you should of gotten your act together ages ago
+1
This is you're own fault. Surely you thought that missing so much time at such a competitive school would have such ramifications? If you're adamant that you don't want to repeat or do pathways then just change schools.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Like I said in my first post, during the periods of my absences, I had a conidtion where I wouldn't be able to breathe/constnatly spit phlegm out until the afternoon, which made me cbfing to go to school, but then I started to go when they addressed it. Does it have any merit?
No

Tim Gibson

HSC
medical certificates in this day and age only hold a certain degree of authority, they are only good enough to make it appear that you have an answer and response and such that the teacher cannot pursue your absence. but if you have continued absences on consecutive days and for prolonged periods. u would need a special letter from the doctor (preferably your GP about your condition) if you have one.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Is it possible for you to pick up attendance now OP? Or does your condition make this impossible?

Perhaps the interview is just a warning of sorts and if you pick up your game the school will allow you to go on without the pathways alternative

intheshits

HSC
Yes I'm attending school 100% now.

I can't get my head around whether or not this is a scare tactic or legit.

I would get axed @ home if I had to leave/pathway/repeat.

Did anyone read my post on my pathway suggestion? Of going through with pathway, but still doing hsc this year and if it was a satisfactory outcome, they would let me leave with a completed hsc, but if I had failed, I would pursue pathways?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The fact it. You knowingly had this condition and did not notify your school. It is your responsiblity to tell your school of circumstances which will affect your attendance/marks. Subsequently you made no arrangements with your school leading to this.

Your condition doesn't seem to hold any ground.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Ask your school that since you have picked up your attendance to 100% whether or not they are willing to give you a chance now, particularly as your OVERALL marks for the year are not too bad i assume?

SugaryMilk

HSC
My knowledge of it was that you were only required to finish the 100 hours or so. Can anybody shed some light on this?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yes I'm attending school 100% now.

I can't get my head around whether or not this is a scare tactic or legit.

I would get axed @ home if I had to leave/pathway/repeat.

Did anyone read my post on my pathway suggestion? Of going through with pathway, but still doing hsc this year and if it was a satisfactory outcome, they would let me leave with a completed hsc, but if I had failed, I would pursue pathways?
What do you mean?

You can't do that.

Pathways is another means instead of your hsc. Therefore you don't do you hsc

loaves

HSC
Just a note - doctors can't backdate medical certificates. You should have seen a doctor at the time. (I'm surprised that you didn't, considering you're at a school that obviously cares about attendance.)

That being said, your school is supposed to give you/your parents a warning, telling you that you need to pick up your attendance. Is this the first time the school has mentioned it, or have they sent letters home/had meetings with you before?

intheshits

HSC
I posted my marks so far in the OP. Do you think the would listen to my plead at the interview? I can't decide what the verdict will be.

@powlmao
I did notify the school when the DP first asked me, but I never had any real documentation except for the various doctor certificates because they would always just say "viral illness", the GPs are cruddy and say ridiculous shit like taking antibiotics for my condition, when antibiotics wouldn't even help. the GPs would always say different shit and recommend different medication. would there be a way to get a GP to write this into form for me? Like, the DP knew of my condition, she just ruled out at the end with the principal that it wasn't good enough to miss full days. which is why I started to come everyday.

intheshits

HSC
i think they have sent the normal sheets which say your child has been away to your home address, which everyone gets if they are absent. this is the first meeting with the dp, principal, myself and my parents which will take place this week. i had various medical certs over the course of this time.

intheshits

HSC
What do you mean?

You can't do that.

Pathways is another means instead of your hsc. Therefore you don't do you hsc
What I meant was. Is it possible to accept pathways, but instead of splitting your subjects over this year and next year, for me to do do all my subjects this year and continue to do the HSC. Then if the results were satisfactory, to complete hsc and leave. However, if they were unacceptable, I would continue to do pathways/repeat all my subjects the following year.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
What I meant was. Is it possible to accept pathways, but instead of splitting your subjects over this year and next year, for me to do do all my subjects this year and continue to do the HSC. Then if the results were satisfactory, to complete hsc and leave. However, if they were unacceptable, I would continue to do pathways/repeat all my subjects the following year.
You can't do that.

You can only do your hsc and on your own accord go to Tafe due to poor marks (this requires your school letting you stay)

Accept pathways and do it.

What you are suggesting is that You will only do pathways if ou get a shot mark. That isn't how it works

powlmao

Banned
HSC
To be honest.

Prepare to do pathways. It's your own fault you have missed school so much as your 'condition' isn't that serious.

Doctors cannot legally back date notes so you have no grounds for that.

intheshits

HSC
not backnote, cant they write up something from past encounters?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
not backnote, cant they write up something from past encounters?
No they cant.

Mate, you don't have a condition. I have one leg and I'm partially blind and I can't get any special provisions/excuses for missing school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)