Benefit of referring to suggested answers (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
Going through past chemistry papers from other schools, I have come across the "possible answer" category in the solutions. This is also in HSC papers I believe.

My question is, to what extent is referring to these answers and being really conscious of them beneficial? I feel as I go through heaps and heaps of papers that the same questions come up over and over. As cynical as this sounds, I feel like the questions are so similar that if someone never even went through the course but spent time going through thousands of schools trial papers and past HSC papers memorising "possible responses" they could still do reasonably well.

Obviously I have been going through the course and learning things as I go, but going through the suggested responses is really taking a lot of mystique out of the exam.

Of course I understand that curveball questions occur demanding an understanding of the course.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Being conscious of the suggested response, and equally important, relating features of the suggested response to the relevant marking criteria will be of an immense help to you when you are considering of how to structure a band 6 response:)because over time, you will develop the ability to guess what the markers are looking for in top mark responses:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)