xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
ive watched one set of him and im already a fan :D
any other fans out there?

akrinis

HSC
Wonderful display of tennis!

Congratulations, Bernard Tomic! What a tense match.

xxstef

HSC
yes he won!
i find it funny how he's still younger than me haha

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
He was alright.

But his achievement today is a true display of ultimate level of tennis skills for 16 year-old. Good on him. I wish him well for the future.

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
he is alright. won all he set in tiebreakers.
obviously he is a fighter.
what happened in the second set though . . . ?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
he is alright. won all he set in tiebreakers.
obviously he is a fighter.
what happened in the second set though . . . ?
He probably got burnt out after the intensive work-out.

For the 3rd one, he came afresh. For the fourth one, it was not Bernard who did better, it was the opponent who got pissed off and did worse. Bernard just took that opportunity.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
2nd set he pretty much deliberately threw away after he got broken the first time. He mentally conserved his energy for the two tie-breaks. We have to remember the kid is only 16, its a pretty special effort.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
2nd set he pretty much deliberately threw away after he got broken the first time. He mentally conserved his energy for the two tie-breaks. We have to remember the kid is only 16, its a pretty special effort.
He threw that off when he got to the stage when it was like 5 - 1. I am sure he was putting effort till back then.

And yeah, that guy is extremely impressive. Kudos to his great stamina. :p

On the other hand, I am not sure if he will be able to survive the next one. The next opponent is actually pretty damn good (he beat the seeded guy)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
He needs to move around the court more. At times, he's just hitting the ball without any foot movement. But gratz achievement for a 16y.o.

proringz

HSC
This guy is just not an 'alright' player. He is an amazing player - it has been universally established that he is the world's best youth player and has been winning countless junior championships, including the Junior Australian Open which is for under 18s (he won it when he was 15). People tend to forget that he is playing against someone who is well inside the top 100, has much more experience in grand slams.
Tomic who is ranked 767th, 16 years old and playing in his first grand slam, just beat a ranked 77th player who has attained a career highest ranking of 27th, becoming the youngest ever winner in the men's draw for Australian Open. Tomic is damn good.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
This guy is just not an 'alright' player. He is an amazing player - it has been universally established that he is the world's best youth player and has been winning countless junior championships, including the Junior Australian Open which is for under 18s (he won it when he was 15). People tend to forget that he is playing against someone who is well inside the top 100, has much more experience in grand slams.
Tomic who is ranked 767th, 16 years old and playing in his first grand slam just beat a ranked 77th player who has attained a career highest ranking of 27th.
But the opponent played quite poorly on that day. I mean, that guy cannot possibly even be 77th with that performance yesterday.

And actually, Tomic wasn't top ranked on the junior level, he was more like 2nd or 3rd. If you read some articles, he is the best 16 years old not the best junior player (which includes all players younger than 18).

Nevertheless, he is truly amazing (as I said earlier). But I don't know if he will be the next Lleyton at his best.

xxstef

HSC
On the other hand, I am not sure if he will be able to survive the next one. The next opponent is actually pretty damn good (he beat the seeded guy)
that guy was also the guy that played the longest match in aus open history, like 5.5 hrs or something. he’s bound to be tired.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
that guy was also the guy that played the longest match in aus open history, like 5.5 hrs or something. he’s bound to be tired.
Oh yeah, he did.

I was looking at the result and...wtf?

That game would have gone for pretty damn long time.

But remember, he has few days to rest. That should suffice.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hope he actually continues to be aggressive when he gets older, and not take the defensive counterpuncher path of Hewitt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)