Best Black Metal Band? (1 Viewer)

Which is the best Black Metal band

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
DaddyK said:
Your a fucking spastic, yes i know there thrash. And burzum are SHIT, ya stupid fuck, go away, nobody wants to here from you.
Bodom aren't thrash, they're power with death vocals.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
DaddyK said:
Children of bodom. BEST.

You have got to be absolutely fucking joking? burzum? There singer sounds like hes raping a fucking cat.
yes children of bodom.... i agree

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
black sabbath have 3/5 of fuckall to do with black metal. Try Bathory and Venom for the creators of it

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
black sabbath have 3/5 of fuckall to do with black metal. Try Bathory and Venom for the creators of it
i'm sorry but Try Bathory and Venom were around when they did "Demos 83-84" and Tony Iommi started in 1970.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just out of interest, what's the difference between Death and Black?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
Venom coined the name, Venom aren't true, and never were true. :rolleyes:

withoutaface said:
A pictoral demonstration.

Immortal (Black)

Six Feet Under (Death)

Quite simply black metal is harsh often very raw and under produced metal. Politically it's rather nationalistic, and also many black metal bands tend to reference European pagan mythologies (usually Norse mythologies, while there are quite a few Celtic bands, they tend to be a lot more doomie (i.e. Belinus, Primordial, Cruachan, Waylander).

Death metal is often not as raw as black metal. The most obvious differences between the two are the vocals (grunting as opposed to screeching), the drumming (double kicks, and it's usually alot louder in the mix than in black) and the bass WHICH IS A LOT louder in the mix.

Wikipedia can give you anything that you might have wanted to otherwise know :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_metal

Last edited:

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
hahaha kinda depends on the person you talk to there neo_o, some will say venom, and others will say that slayer had more of an influence, and then others will mention bands like Burzum and Mayhem.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
hahaha kinda depends on the person you talk to there neo_o, some will say venom, and others will say that slayer had more of an influence, and then others will mention bands like Burzum and Mayhem.
1) Venom coined the name, nothing more, seriously. The only thing BM about Venom was that their recordings were fairly raw. That is all :)

2) Burzum had little to no influence on the scene in Norway (musically anyway, I recognise that he may have had... other influences :rolleyes: ). The influence came from the old guard such as Beherit and Euronymous/Death Like Silence. Get over Varg man, he's a traitor - nothing more.

3) Personally I think that the British Scene, as opposed to the American influenced BM. (Interestingly enough, British black metal is rather unique when compared to both Eastern and Scandinanvian black metal.

Last edited:

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Pretty much everything neo_o said, black metal will usually have a lot more melody than death metal, and also more black metla bands use synthesisers/keyboards.

neo_o: Six Feet Under are metalcore[ish], a better example would be Death, Morbid Angel or Suffocation.

Venom = Rock and Roll with Satanic Image, coined the term black metal

Bathory = Pretty much developed a very basic form of Black Metal, but had a lot of thrash in the mix

Mayhem = First true black metal band, pretty much took what Bathory was doing and turned it into what we call black metal today.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Zyklon said:
neo_o: Six Feet Under are metalcore[ish], a better example would be Death, Morbid Angel or Suffocation.
They all look the same, fat guys in black T's with long hair :).

HSC
DaddyK said:
Your a fucking spastic, yes i know there thrash. And burzum are SHIT, ya stupid fuck, go away, nobody wants to here from you.
Wow, CoB... thrash? :rolleyes:

In relation to previous posts:

I like the Children of Boredom reference, very witty artfag. Is that actually worth listening to?

and hmn, my vote is going to have to go to Mayhem, in the absence of other bands :)

Edit: Ah, I can read, really I can.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)