Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peavey Blazer 158

• Fender Frontman 15R

• Total voters
HSC
Purp|e said:
sif marshalls ftw, katie :\ i hate marshalls :eek: so overpriced. some of the tube combos are kind of nice... but the penis extension stacks/half stacks are totally ghey.
i think they sound great :eek:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
None of those amps is going to make you sound too good, and since it doesn't look like you'll be hitting >50W I don't think there'd be too much shame in getting a 10W for now? Just don't expect to sound like slash or get that massive tone with that price range.

neafoo

HSC
if you buy something and hate it you can always buy a pedal a bit later. ive got some pedals running through my squier 15w and it sounds OK now.

i dont like solid state marshalls much. all i hear is terrible things, all the people i know who have owned one (they all had the 30w one) have had it die on them in the first month and had to send it back. marshall are good with tubeamps though ;D - way out of your pricerange. ;D

RTTTYTR

HSC
AsyLum said:
None of those amps is going to make you sound too good, and since it doesn't look like you'll be hitting >50W I don't think there'd be too much shame in getting a 10W for now? Just don't expect to sound like slash or get that massive tone with that price range.
Yeah Im not too deluded that I will be pulling of gigs using a 15W, but I expect it to be good sound playing solo in a open area or fairly large room or backyard.

RTTTYTR

HSC
I have seen some Alesis Spit Fire Amps the other day and would really like to hear what you think of them!

Alesis Spit Fire 15
Alesis Spit Fire 30

neafoo

HSC
i think its time you just went and bought one ;P

bradc1988

HSC
If you get an MG I will find you and beat you with it. Terrible over-priced pieces of shit.

VOX hybrids are your best bet, the AD series. If they're too expensive then I guess a Spider isn't the worst you can do.

RTTTYTR

HSC
bradc1988 said:
VOX hybrids are your best bet, the AD series. If they're too expensive then I guess a Spider isn't the worst you can do.
Spider is more expensive then Vox AD15VT's

bradc1988

HSC
Well then my vote goes to the 15 watt VOX, now that's a decent amp for the price. The tone is a little sterile, but is far superior to amps like the Spider II and MG which are more expenisve, and what more can you expect from any amp that price.

Again, I really do want to stress this, STAY AWAY FROM LOW END MARSHALL. This includes the MG series and also the AVTs. Terrible, terrible amps.

An RG > Vox will get you some decent sounds. For the price of course.

neafoo

HSC
bradc1988 said:
Again, I really do want to stress this, STAY AWAY FROM LOW END MARSHALL. This includes the MG series and also the AVTs. Terrible, terrible amps.
heh thats what i said. i dont think i know anyone who hasnt had to take their ss marshals back ;P

its been a while. has the thread starter still not bought anything?

RTTTYTR

HSC
neafoo said:
heh thats what i said. i dont think i know anyone who hasnt had to take their ss marshals back ;P

its been a while. has the thread starter still not bought anything?
Yeah ive basicallly ruled out the Marshalls, and Im waiting for thje Xmas specials to kick in, so I think that happens in Novemeber

GRX40
HSC
N/A
I would recommend purchasing a guitar and amp starter pack, such as the Ibanez or Ashton beginner packages, if you're just starting out. If you do in fact acquire your guitar and amp separately, have enough money and are planning to play seirously, I would highly recommend upgrading to a 30W amp straight away and forgetting about buying a practice amp.

Roland has excellent-quality amps, but Ashton and Laney are good brands for the customer on a budget. I've heard terrible things about Behringer, even though some of its prices are simply amazing. For example, a Behringer 90W amp is around $300 but that price would only buy 30W from other brands. While that is insanely cheap, it is also quite suspicious and could quite easily hint at poor-quality design.

Although I've never used one myself, I've heard that the Fender Frontman can be unreliable at times. There's a brand called Silvertone, which sells a 10W amp for approximately $99, if you're interested in cheap products.

Again, I would recommend purchasing a complete guitar/amp set over buying both individually. If you were to go with the second choice, however, you might as well buy a good-quality 30W+ product in order to save yourself from having to acquire another amp later on. That's, like, expensive, d00d.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)