Best building on campus (1 Viewer)

Pick!

• Total voters

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm probably entirely wrong about that organic chemistry building story. At any rate, I think you all know the one it was referring to. It looks like a quaint Ye Olde Englysh barn, with hedges and whatever.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Uh, I meant on the poll.

As a joke.

But thanks anyway - apparently Transient houses graduate psychology.
Architecture is probably the ugliest building in USyd, taking into account its name. It sits somewhere between Seymour and Wentworth on City Road.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The accesibility website always has pictures. :)

On the plus side, I guess it's kinda fun to walk around in when you're first in there, and the layout inside does seem kinda futuristic...kinda.

HSC
I think the Transient has to be one of the most unaesthetically pleasing buildings on campus.

HSC
N/A
The engineering area fascinated me at Courses and Careers today, somehow. They're just such an anomaly.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah ew. i was semi-excited last sem when i had a class there coz "transient" sounded cool, i was expecting something kinda futuristic and it ended up being this tin shed and i was like :(

edit: that was directed at iheartpaulfrank. i sucks at using internet

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I don't like the staircase in Transient. I'm too tall for it, so if I'm not paying attention I hit my head on the overhead beam.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah ew. i was semi-excited last sem when i had a class there coz "transient" sounded cool, i was expecting something kinda futuristic and it ended up being this tin shed and i was like :(

edit: that was directed at iheartpaulfrank. i sucks at using internet
Yeah I had to go there last semester for linguistics. I was conned by its name too. From the outside it looked like some kind of abandoned factory warehouse.

Oh and I cringed every time I saw that sign in big, uppercase letters spelling out 'LINGUISTICS'. *shudders*

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
IT building. It's purdy, has unlimited internet and fridge/microwave facilities.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yeah but no-one but those hermit-like engineering students ever see it, so it doesn't count.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
How can you leave out Bosch from this? And the Merewether/Institute Building? And the libraries? AND WENTWORTH!!!! There are too many buildings to name, but my favourite is the Quad by far; I could just sit there all day long on the grass and do something or nothing, its a photographer's dream imo..

Arise

HSC
Anderson Stuart, hands down. That cortyard near the North end with the fountain is just beautiful.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It's a very sexy building from the inside, but from the outside it seems a little plain, IMO. If the quadrangle were as decorated inside as the Anderson Stewart Building is throughout (Nicholson entry is a pretty good indication), then it'd be the most uber-sexy building ever created.

HSC
Someone's gotta take me there, if that's the case. I cannot resist uber-sexy buildings.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Directions:

1. Find the Anderson Stewart Building
2. Enter the Anderson Stewart Building
3. Admire.

The spiral staircase is particularly hawt.

veridis

droog
HSC
to remind us just how superior our sandstone is to anything anyone else has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)