Best coffee on Campus (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
Fortnight ago I use the coupon in the back of my diary and went to get a free cuppacino outside library, and that 'cuppacino' tasted like a cup of milk with some coffee powder.. further investigation of that cup of ching-o reveals that it IS a cup of milk, but with less coffee powder than I thought.

Conclusion: there ain't no free lunch..

I shall try coffee elsewhere sometime, thou the latte at colonnade taste good :)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
i used to be a big drinker of coffee, then i noticed it stianed my teeth so i stopped..yeh im vain like that haha :p

anyone got this weekends good weekend (14/8/04) read the article 'food for thought' near the end, its quite the interesting read

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Exeter said:
i used to be a big drinker of coffee, then i noticed it stained my teeth so i stopped..yeh im vain like that haha :p
hey that's the same reason why i stopped drinking a can of coke a day

Farnarcle

Yeah, we worked it out, they actually make money from the coupons. They have smaller portions of food coupled with lower food quality. But they make a good profit from the huge numbers of extra patrons.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
McLake said:
OMG you know a lot about coffee ...

What is the knife-like thing they use to pour the milk called? And waht is it for?
hahah the technical name for it is a spatula, though most baristas just use a spoon. it is used to pour the froath into the cup. Good baristers dont use it (eg: coffee cart). You use it if u do not control the froath pressure right, hence say if u had more froath than needed, then u cant just pour all of it in, u gotta use a spatula/spoon to control the amt of froath that comes out.

RCMasterAA said:
And here I thought all coffees were ok. I don't even notice these things.
You must be trained as a barista?
hahah yeah i have a barista licence from an international coffee school, and i worked at a cafe on oxford st for ages. :p

a sign of a good barista is when they do not tap the milk jug after froathing, when they do not use a spoon to tranport the froath to cup, and when they do not use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the milk, they can feel it by just touching the milk jug :p

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
sugaryblue said:
never been to Java @ Java, but do they have certain things that are really really really nice apart from soup and coffee??

oh Minai, just wondering, are you one of the accounting PASS leaders?
foccacias are always good there, and they have good iced coffee range too.

heh no I'm not - PASS leaders for accounting are 3rd year honours stream students

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Minai said:

heh no I'm not - PASS leaders for accounting are 3rd year honours stream students
foccacias are nice at the colonade. :p

though james can be ur PASS leader if u want him to hahaha ;)

asdf

HSC
Minai said:

sorry off-topic but do you play DDR? I dont play it but had a look at the high scores whilst my friend was playing and sow "Minai" covering the whole screen! (almost). :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
asdf said:
sorry off-topic but do you play DDR? I dont play it but had a look at the high scores whilst my friend was playing and sow "Minai" covering the whole screen! (almost). :D
*cough* yes
I can't help playing it

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
truly-in-bliss said:
foccacias are nice at the colonade. :p

though james can be ur PASS leader if u want him to hahaha ;)
foccacias are not as hot as u babe ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)