BEST LAPTOP BRAND- Your Choice (1 Viewer)

What would be your choice for laptop purchase?

• Total voters

gamecw

HSC
What about zepto and alienware? gaming laptop ftw!

I just placed an order on a Dell Vostro 1500 today, specifications as the following:

Intel C2D T7500 2.2ghz (santa rosa)
120gb
15.4 wxga+
3gb ddr2 ram
9 cell battery
geforce 8600GT 256m

Asus looks good but apparently fragile and has many problems. My gf has a w7f, the viewing angle of the lcd is so bad. and my friend has a a8jm, when u close the screen(lid), it makes alot of cracking noises (sent back for a replacement already, still like this) and the DVI output doesnt work. I was going to get the a8js, but the battery life is so crap, and is overpriced now compare to sum other brand.

ill leave out my vote til i get my new lappy, for now i reckon:
get sony for the brand and looks, asus for good specifications, dell for the warrenty.

wasupdog

HSC
asus all the way.

currently im carrying a asus G1

specs as follows

2.0ghz core 2 duo
2gb ddr2 ram
12o sata hard drive
15.4 inch LCD widescreen
geforce Go 7700 512mb dedicated graphic card
1.3 megapixel camera
windows vista ultimate

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
have had a toshiba (trashiba) for 3 yrs now...........worst thing in the world, dies as soon as the warranty runs out and is cheap crap....

Buy a dell is u want ur power pack to blow up :)

Alienware ftw......1337 laptops around :D heaviest - but the best lol imo.
ASUS r ok too.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah but with alienware, you do have to pay a shitload for it, considering its specs is second to none.

gamecw

HSC
wasupdog said:
asus all the way.

specs as follows

2.0ghz core 2 duo
2gb ddr2 ram
12o sata hard drive
15.4 inch LCD widescreen
1.3 megapixel camera
windows vista ultimate
If you're going gaming on a 15 inch, definately not the G1, the 7700 is not as good as the 8600gt on the DELL i ordered(spec post earlier), the cpu is not santa rosa, 2gb ram instead of 3gb, worse LCD resolution, shitter camera, 802.1g instead of N all that disadvantages for an extra ~$200 dollars

I'd wait for the G1s instead that actually comes with the santa rosa cpu, 8600gt with 512mb dedicated DDR3 ram. otherwise, just go for the dell! (they weight about the same)

Edit: G1s is already out http://www.asusnotebook.com.au/676_...ntel-Core-2-Duo-T7500-with-Vista-Ultimate.php, the only downside of the Asus is that u only get to pick the 6cell battery, that lasts u about an hour or so running at full performance gaming, while Dell lasts about 3~4hrs with teh 9 cell (more than 6 hrs when on power saving mode). For the dell, the downside is that it doesn't support DVI output, if ur expecting the best viewing when hooking ur laptop 2 a 20inch+ widescreen external monitor then go for the pricey asus, but with $1k differences!

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Smithyo said:
have had a toshiba (trashiba) for 3 yrs now...........worst thing in the world, dies as soon as the warranty runs out and is cheap crap....
they are like a time bomb :(

kewlu

Banned
HSC
wasupdog said:
asus all the way.

specs as follows

2.0ghz core 2 duo
2gb ddr2 ram
12o sata hard drive
15.4 inch LCD widescreen
1.3 megapixel camera
windows vista ultimate
You attached a fucking image. You don't deserve a G1.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
gamecw said:
If you're going gaming on a 15 inch, definately not the G1, the 7700 is not as good as the 8600gt on the DELL i ordered(spec post earlier), the cpu is not santa rosa, 2gb ram instead of 3gb, worse LCD resolution, shitter camera, 802.1g instead of N all that disadvantages for an extra ~$200 dollars

I'd wait for the G1s instead that actually comes with the santa rosa cpu, 8600gt with 512mb dedicated DDR3 ram. otherwise, just go for the dell! (they weight about the same)

Edit: G1s is already out http://www.asusnotebook.com.au/676_ASUS-G1S-G1S-AK048G-Intel-Core-2-Duo-T7500-with-Vista-Ultimate.php, the only downside of the Asus is that u only get to pick the 6cell battery, that lasts u about an hour or so running at full performance gaming, while Dell lasts about 3~4hrs with teh 9 cell (more than 6 hrs when on power saving mode). For the dell, the downside is that it doesn't support DVI output, if ur expecting the best viewing when hooking ur laptop 2 a 20inch+ widescreen external monitor then go for the pricey asus, but with $1k differences!
yah ur laptop is hawt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)