Best mobile phone plan and pre-paid plan (1 Viewer)

h1958buglid

HSC
NEVER EVER EVER EVER GO VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I send about 50 msg's and make two 20 second calls and my $50 is gone!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
you cant get better value than the new 3 prepaid, check it up on their website

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I was on Optus Turbocharge for a few years, and didn't mind paying $30 a month for $180 credit. But now I've switched to Virgin because my boyfriend is on it and we get free messages to each other.
Problem is, I recently bought a phone with Telstra crap all over it, so it's tempting to switch to them for a month just to download decent ringtones n stuff

mark639

HSC
i reckon that a $29 cap with 3 is good i get $120 a month 2 spend and i get free 10 min calls to my friends who are with 3

gw0ng

HSC
Definitely Virgin Pre-paid.

Reason? Unlimited free texts Virgin to Virgin and the credit lasts for 6 months (provided you don't spend it all before then).

I lasted 3 months on less then $1 of credit because most of my friends were on Virgin already ^_^

There are downsides though, in that Virgin relies on a shitty network meaning reception can be a bit crappy sometimes + something else I forgot.

aussie-boy

HSC
the whole "pay $29 and get $120 of calls and text" is absolute bullshit... nothing more than a marketing ploy

all it means is that the rates that they quote for using you phone are 4.1X what they really are

hence people who only use $29 'worth' have only really used $7 but come away happy to pay $29 at the end of the month. How can people fall for this?

-------------

i dont know about plans, but the best prepaid service by far is isim (isim.com.au) - no flagfall, 15c sms to everyone and 39c/min calls all the time. AND 160 day credit expiry (yes 5 months without having to recharge!)

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
I have Vaya (under Optus), and I pay $11 a month and get $500 talk and text, $500 talk and text to other Vaya users, and 1.5GB of data. Although it's under Vaya, the sim and coverage is Optus.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I have Vaya (under Optus), and I pay $11 a month and get $500 talk and text, $500 talk and text to other Vaya users, and 1.5GB of data. Although it's under Vaya, the sim and coverage is Optus.
What? I need to get that.

I pay $30 for Optus pre-paid and it finishes every month or month and a half.

Can you still use the previous sim details, contacts, etc?

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
What? I need to get that.

I pay $30 for Optus pre-paid and it finishes every month or month and a half.

Can you still use the previous sim details, contacts, etc?
I used to be on Optus as well, but I just did a complete switch. My mother, however, changed from Virgin but kept her phone number - so yes, you can. It's an Optus sim, but I'm not sure if you need to have a new one sent out to you, but you can save contacts to your phone memory anyway.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
My plan is $30 for a year with vodafone to get $30 flexible credit and 150mins of voda-voda calls

Good enough for those who only call their parents/rarely text for necessary reasons

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I use the $30 prepaid monthly cap on Vodafone :)
Basically for $30 you get $450 worth of calls, free unlimited texting to anyone in aus and 1GB of internet
Pretty happy with this deal :)

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
amaysim or whatever.... for $40, i get unlimited text and phone calls and 4GB of internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)