Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Notorious BIGGIE

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other: please name

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Where's rakim? He set the benchmark and basically made the god damn genre!!!

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC

lol this shit is the funniest

so bad but so good

fuck i feel like such a bad cunt laughin at that retarded brother

Last edited:

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Biggie & Pac >>>>> Eminem, Cudi, Wiz >>>>> Daylight >>>>> Rest

Crux

HSC
I consider myself very knowledgeable about Hip Hop culture and I've gotta point out that pretty much all the people you've put in the pole are 'Hip Pop', as in their music is made to be popular, not necessarily skillful, carry a strong message, be funny, etc, it just generally sounds good. If you're talking about all round skill, I'd say Mos Def (of rappers that are still alive). Rappers of all time, KRS-ONE (if you don't know who he is, you probably shouldn't be voting on this topic). If you're looking at the most entrepreneurial rappers, I'd say the Hilltop Hoods, though they are extremely underrated for it. If you're talking about songs with a message... there's just so many, you cant really choose. If you talking about making the most popular music, you'd have to say beastie boys or vanilla ice. Believe it or not, they were still bigger rappers in their day then eminem is now. But all round good music, skill, messages and constantly experimental styles... Bliss N Eso take it. Think about it. Listen to their music. They don't write entire songs on weed, violence or women. They are always trying new styles. They are extremely talented (more so then eminem or wiz khalifa). They write great songs with hard messages like Bullet and a Target or Sea is Rising. They have music that almost everyone will listen to without actually selling out.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes another KRS ONE fan, nice. Although I think 50 cent is the most business savvy (as much as I hate his music)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But all round good music, skill, messages and constantly experimental styles... Bliss N Eso take it. Think about it. Listen to their music. They don't write entire songs on weed, violence or women. They are always trying new styles. They are extremely talented (more so then eminem or wiz khalifa). They write great songs with hard messages like Bullet and a Target or Sea is Rising. They have music that almost everyone will listen to without actually selling out.
While I can appreciate Bliss N Eso, I don't think they're as great as you've made them out to be, and in terms of accessibility, I'd say they're more hip-pop than many others in this thread

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
They don't write entire songs on weed, violence or women. They are always trying new styles. They are extremely talented (more so then eminem or wiz khalifa). They write great songs with hard messages like Bullet and a Target or Sea is Rising. They have music that almost everyone will listen to without actually selling out.
1. Aussie Hip-Hop isn't that good. I find most of it to be horribly boring, but whatever.
2. If you were really that knowledgeable in hip-hop, you wouldn't be making this point as you've just described most hip-hop acts out there

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
aussie hip hop isnt all that shit

i worked the two days bliss n eso were performing at the hordern nd liked them, good material

their support acts were horrorshow who were also quite good and this really shitty fat cunt named big b or some shit he was terrible

my preference is just more of gangsta rap rather than the general hip hop genre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)