Best way to get over a guy? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I think it really depends on the length and intensity of a relationship. If it was a guy that you thought you might spend forever is then it is obviously going to be harder and take longer than it would if you were only together for a few months or had known for awhile that it wasn't going to work out.

I think in the case of the more serious relationship ending, you've just got to let yourself grieve, but also spend heaps of time with friends who will make you laugh. The hurt eventually goes away, but it does take time.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
tempco said:
Get another guy?
In theory, of course.
In practice, it never works. You end up hurting both yourself and the new guy.

2 things:
1. have your girlfriends over for a dvd night. watch trashy love stories, talk about how much guys suck, cry your guts out, eat fatty ice-cream and chocolates. like miumiu said...let yourself grieve!!!

2. after you've recovered from the 1st, go out with your girlfriends, dance ALL night, drink loads (unless you're an emotional drunk. If so, don't drink. we don't wanna hear your drunken cries of how lonely you are). flirt and have fun being single.

it obviously wasn't meant to be. it's gonna suck and it's gonna hurt, but in reality, there's always gonna be someone better for you!

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
MiuMiu said:
I think it really depends on the length and intensity of a relationship. If it was a guy that you thought you might spend forever is then it is obviously going to be harder and take longer than it would if you were only together for a few months or had known for awhile that it wasn't going to work out.

I think in the case of the more serious relationship ending, you've just got to let yourself grieve, but also spend heaps of time with friends who will make you laugh. The hurt eventually goes away, but it does take time.
Too true...I cried for a week and didn't eat much for 2 days...but then he's my first guy you know. When I started going out with him, I began writing poetry and song lyrics for him and for the relationship - Whenever there's trouble, that's when my creativity was at its best. I find that writing my heart out as well as crying work - Whne you look back a while later, there's something to marvel over. Also, I do things which I'm good at, like jogging and writing cursive (ppl say I can write for Hallmark lol). Generally, if one's still at school, I advise the library - It's a haven, when you excel academically, you'll feel on top of the world. It's also my haven, because all my friends abandoned me in year 8 and now I've ended up much better than they have (This fact also made my breakup in year 10 - my ex liked my best friend at the time - a bit easier 'cos you say to yourself: I've been thru something nasty already). When it happend in year 10, one of my friends also went thru the same thing, two friends actually, and Nicole Kidman hehehe. So I had emotional support from mum as well as people in the same boat. Another method is grooming - after all the tears and bawling, get a facial, soak in a bath, listen to classical music...and finally, yes, keep eyes peeled for more guys when the heart's healed - Don't rush it - It's a hard process - esp when he gets a girlfriend etc...I took a whole year before I could talk to him properly, even so, nowadays (in the same uni) I still like to show that I'm living a great life without him - just to make him go: Damn! :D

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Additionally and personally, I used to curl up and cry for a while and after several cycles for sadness-happiness ---> True happiness yay! You feel so much braver afterwards!

sja

dingleberry
HSC
you must suck every single penis you can get your lips onto. and if you can't get your mouth onto a specific penis, make sure your hands get on it. last resort should be jerking him off with your elbows.

Undertoad

HSC
sja said:
you must suck every single penis you can get your lips onto. and if you can't get your mouth onto a specific penis, make sure your hands get on it. last resort should be jerking him off with your elbows.
lol... ok!

gracie007

HSC
if its def. not gonna get back on, then i jst go out to parties and hook in with randoms. jst makes me feel like i hav things to offer/ppl want me. but i hvnt done tht 'getting over' in ages.

Sofstar

HSC
Cry like you've never cried before. Crap on and on and on about what a bastard he was. Remind yourself that you deserve better. Exercise, boxing might work best. Shop, check out other better and hotter guys.

And time. Time really does heal everything. Might take you weeks or months but you WILL get over him.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
stalk_if_u_dare said:
i bitch about it to my male friends
That actually worked for me for some reason...

Just bitch about it to random people, chuck out everything that reminds you of him , curl up and cry in the middle of the night until you can't cry anymore, write about it in your diary or in a letter (DON'T send it!), go to the gym, go shopping, get a new haircut, and go out with your friends :)

Just remember that your heart WILL heal and there is always someone better out there waiting for you to meet them...so don't become a depressed hermit!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
actually yeah, for some reason getting a hot new haircut always seems to make you feel better, and the next time you see your ex he'll think hes missed out on heaps. Just the effect of a new haircut!

SweetSeasons

HSC
you just kinda slowly get over it.. my tip get rid of all the ways you contact him.. not talking to him is hard for a bit but then it starts to work.. I haven't called my ex for 3 weeks from doing this.. n b4 that I called him haha pretty much next to every day.
And you know what it actualy feels really good.. Also I kinda really fancy this guy.. n i think he likes me but he's too shy to come talk 2 me.. but if he wants me lol.. he's gotta grow some balls n come talk 2 me, I'm not making the 1st move any more

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
MiuMiu said:
actually yeah, for some reason getting a hot new haircut always seems to make you feel better, and the next time you see your ex he'll think hes missed out on heaps. Just the effect of a new haircut!
that's the best!!
when you see him a few months later and you're looking absolutely fabulous and you can tell he knows he's missing out! mwahahaha karma is marvellous!

SweetSeasons

HSC
MiuMiu said:
How did your ex feel about you calling him everyday?

I dunno.. just as long as I wasn't drunk haha I don't think he minded.. he wanted to stay *friends* but I knew that wouldn't work cause I still love him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)