Best way to meat ppl (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
sit next to somebody in a tute and say "hey im [...] whats your name"

seems stupid but yeah. you'd be suprised how often you'd make friends like that.

tennille

HSC
That's what I did. Also, if you're going to do a science course at usyd, there is a Science Transition Workshop a week before o-week. You can meet heaps of people there too.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm just wondering what the typical USYD person is like.

I hope that most people are friendly and the "nice to know you" type.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sparcod said:
I'm just wondering what the typical USYD person is like.

I hope that most people are friendly and the "nice to know you" type.
We tend to be just like anyone else...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Tennille said:
That's what I did. Also, if you're going to do a science course at usyd, there is a Science Transition Workshop a week before o-week. You can meet heaps of people there too.
Which I'll be helping out at this year.

Go sexytary of scisoc...

jpr333

HSC
A meat clever imo

Omg dont believe noone jumped on a similar joke quicker.

shes_jinxed

HSC
Tennille said:
Go to the transition workshops
i went in 05' they are pretty nerdy yes and i found totally irrelvant but you kinda get to see the diverse range of ppl that will be taking your course and will feel less stressed about everything when you see some of the kids who clearly lived and died for school
And you get to meet ppl, i met one of my best uni friends at mine, we bonded while doing some stupid brainstorming thing because we both thought it was a joke, BUT we got each others numbers and met up at the oweek stalls and when uni started. I dont know what i would have done if I hadnt met her at the workshop.
Most of my friends are from college or school but all my uni friends i had/have subjects with
If youre taking science, labs is where i met most of my course friends
youll be fine
cya

jpr333

HSC
I have an issue with your request for pm's about issues, it seems a tad suss!

lengy

HSC
bahahaha. A noob had just challenged your anal moderating style Susan. I wouldn't take that. :p

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Meeting people is pretty easy.

In lectures just ask them a question or something. I generally ask people if I can have some of what they are eating. It is usually genuinely because I am hungry, but often leads to conversations etc.

In tutes you meet approx 8907693064543 people.

Even if you only say a few words to them in tutes, you will see them alone at Manning or where ever and this provides perfect opportunity to sit down and start a relationship.

To be honest, I am just applying my technique of speaking to hot chicks to all people. But yeah, I got to know quite a few hot chicks with these simple techniques.

latvia

HSC
N/A
"hey, do you have a ___ I can borrow" --> usually people don't say that to meet you (ie they really just want a pen) but u can try it to meet someone
if u want someone to talk to you first you can smile, especially to those you have seen around a lot but didn't have a chance to talk to

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
"hey latvia do you have a _ _ _ is i can borrow? my one only ball points." --> usually i don't say that to meet you (i.e. i really just want a penis) but it helps me overcome phallic envy :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)