Big Brother Australia AXED (1 Viewer)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Evilo said:
Because Australia is full of transexuals (actually i havent decided what Travis is), a racist biggot (saxon), corey, and a midget.... with the rest of the housemates surfers, and clueless blonde bimbios...
Queensland alone makes up that selection, I'm sure the other states can band together to get the remainder.

At least it's finally been dropped.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's so cool to hate on big brother.

Really, it's not great, but better than most other commercial tv. What would you rather watch, repeats of the simpsons?

zstar

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
It's so cool to hate on big brother.

Really, it's not great, but better than most other commercial tv. What would you rather watch, repeats of the simpsons?

I'd rather not watch tv at all.

X

xeuyrawp

Serius said:
I like the idea of a new big brother type concept. I hope its really hard and edgy reality tv, big brother originally tried to come off as new and edgy but now they need to up the benchmark if they want the new show to succeed.
wtf's wrong with you?

Every season, they blah blah on about how new this season is. They attempted to make it all edgy with those two idiotic presenters from commercial radio. They stuck a midget, a non-white lady, a (seemingly) racist lady, various religiously and politically minded... And surprise surprise, it remains entertainment for fucking retards. It makes me physically ill that people are so unbelievably stupid that they feel like they need to watch a bunch of poorly-cast people interact with each other. It boggles the mind.

Exphate said:
Slidey said:
Good fucking riddance to an absolutely MORONIC piece of filthy drivel.
Best post of this thread.
I love you both dearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
bigboyjames said:
which idiot watches BB. please tell me why. i want to read your fucked up reason.
I am a psych student, human interactions in a closed environment is interesting to me.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
It's far more idiotic to assume that only morons watch big brother.

what entertains us....simply, entertains us :eek:

I loved will ferral in old school, and his behaviour can be said to only be entertainment for retards.

Evilo

HSC
Serius said:
I am a psych student, human interactions in a closed environment is interesting to me.
i dislike you.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Slidey said:
Good fucking riddance to an absolutely MORONIC piece of filthy drivel.
+

PwarYuex said:
wtf's wrong with you?

Every season, they blah blah on about how new this season is. They attempted to make it all edgy with those two idiotic presenters from commercial radio. They stuck a midget, a non-white lady, a (seemingly) racist lady, various religiously and politically minded... And surprise surprise, it remains entertainment for fucking retards. It makes me physically ill that people are so unbelievably stupid that they feel like they need to watch a bunch of poorly-cast people interact with each other. It boggles the mind.
= /thread

Big Bro was just a bunch of retards shoved in a house in the hope of lesser retards tuning into to watch the whole retarded mess. I'd much prefer simpsons repeats or south park. South Park and Simpsons atleast have witty underlying comments about todays society. Big Brother was for tards.

ashik1

HSC
Serius said:
Ive enjoyed big brother over the years, but the idea has been getting stale, this season was barely worth watching. I like the idea of a new big brother type concept. I hope its really hard and edgy reality tv, big brother originally tried to come off as new and edgy but now they need to up the benchmark if they want the new show to succeed.

source: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/posts/2008/2252
Thank god!! Who in their right minds would wanna watch what a bunch of ppl do in their everyday lives? I mean, are ppl rly that sad?
What annoys me most about the show are the contestants who wins, & BB's 'plan' every year. Wtf??!?
Contestants actually play a game of who can be least bored in a house over a period of 3 months. This gives an impression to other countries that aussies are lazy ppl & most of us typically do what the BB contestants do.
Last yr, BB's plan was that there would be no money(initially) If i were a contestant, i'd leave that night, wouldn't u guys? Fcuking common sense prevailed at last!!!

ashik1

HSC
Rageeb said:
+

= /thread

Big Bro was just a bunch of retards shoved in a house in the hope of lesser retards tuning into to watch the whole retarded mess. I'd much prefer simpsons repeats or south park. South Park and Simpsons atleast have witty underlying comments about todays society. Big Brother was for tards.
Excelent comment, I dunno bout south park, but I could watch the old simpsons episodes for at least 2 more years ( not at present though- my HSC)

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
ashik1 said:
Excelent comment, I dunno bout south park, but I could watch the old simpsons episodes for at least 2 more years ( not at present though- my HSC)
lol thank you :p. South Park does have some good messages imo, like look up an episode called "fun with weapons". It shows how society today is obsessed with censoring nudity/sex yet all kinds of violence is deemed ok. Or another episode called "Sexual Harassment Panda" which shows what happens when people too scared of being sued over any comment being perceived as sexual harrassment.

Simpsons season 18, episode 5 also has a really clever message about the war in Iraq.

:lol: I download a lot :p

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Big Brother CAN be good. It's not the concept that's bad, rather it's the housemates, advertising, etc.

If you want to watch Big Brother done properly check out "Celebrity Big Brother 2006 (UK)" You can watch the whole season on Youtube. It's absolutely amazing if you ask me.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Noooooooooooooooooo!!! Big Brother rules. Y are the cancelling it????

Fuck Channel 10 :(

X

xeuyrawp

hiphophooray123 said:
It's far more idiotic to assume that only morons watch big brother.
Nah, I've attempted to watch Big Brother. I've forced myself to watch a few episodes. I've made my own judgement on the content.

I've also observed the type of people that watch it, and have come to the conclusion that it's for people with low intelligence.

what entertains us....simply, entertains us :eek:
Yeah, watching gladiators fight entertains me... Not very popular nowadays unfortunately, amirite?

I loved will ferral in old school, and his behaviour can be said to only be entertainment for retards.
Yeah, see I can understand why you're a little confused. Just to explain for you: Will Ferrell is an actor, and his behaviour is not real. The people in the Big Brother house are genuinely moronic.

HSC
Let me ask this question:

What would you guys rather watch:

1) Big Brother
2) Fat Pizza

??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Nah, I've attempted to watch Big Brother. I've forced myself to watch a few episodes. I've made my own judgement on the content.

I've also observed the type of people that watch it, and have come to the conclusion that it's for people with low intelligence.
I liked the psychological aspect of big brother (seeing how people modify their behaviour as they become less aware of cameras - but that novelty wears off in a week). I do agree with you in saying that it does primarily appeal to less intelligent people. Look at the target market: young supre girls and housewives.

However, I do like reality shows in general. For example, I am addicted to Survivor, The Amazing Race and the Apprentice.

Survivor appeals to me for the psychological elements, again. It's interesting analysing people's strategies and figuring out what I'd do differently.

The Amazing Race appeals to me as its exciting and an interesting way of seeing some world sites.

The Apprentice appeals to me as I constantly plot how I'd make the business decisions differently. In fact, I'm a better business man for watching it.

So, compared to even Survivor, Big Brother seems to be the stupider version of reality television.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Seconded. It sickened me how people got completely caught up in what I found to be about as mentally stimulating as staring at a test pattern. Actually, that's not true, a test pattern has colour and some depth, big brother does not.
false. this season of big brother had colour: a coloured aboriginal chick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)