• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big Day Out 2008 (2 Viewers)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
compared with last year it's a terrible lineup, but it's kinda hard to beat any lineup with tool :shy:

Big80smullet

HSC
This year is shaping up to be one of the best so far. I'm definetly going. I'm going just for Rage Against The Machine and Battles. I don't care about the next announcements

scrotes

HSC
*yawns* at all the bands except RATM and lcd soundsystem. hopefully the next announcements contain a few bands that wont make me fall asleep.

jess241

HSC
bjork will be awesome...but yeah, definately need some bigger bands from overseas

Last edited:
HSC
rage against the machine isn't big? and arcade fire is a massive fucking deal, depending on what music circles you're in

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
jess241 said:
bjork will be awesome...but yeah, definately need some bigger bands from overseas
...wtf?
You realise how big RATM is? They were pretty much the entire deal surrounding Coachella, a festival that's a jillion times better than BDO.
Bjork and Arcade Fire are also obvious major drawing points, and keep in mind this is only the first announcement.
Yeah tickets are $125+bf

icecreamdisco

HSC
just saw the lineup; i'mn actually impressed. will be nice to catch battles after inexplicably missing them last week, as well as dizzee, lcd, bjork, bragg, etc. seems like it'll draw a better (ie, more tolerable) crowd than the other two i've been to ('04 and '06).

also worth mentioning is the shitty taste displayed in this thread. "only good band is *worst band on lineup*, waaaah". lolz.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah, i've heard so many of my friends planning to ditch it because the lineup is "shit". at which point i chuckle to myself and breathe a sigh of relief

but fucking hell. im massively worried about clashes
: bjork, dizzee, arcade, lcd, battles

and more? interpol??? wah

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I would have thought Bjork + RATM would have both been main stage

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
oh i dont know how they do the stages at BDO but i would think different styles of music go on different stages. like the M.I.A/justice clash at parklife, even though i know comparing those two to bjork/RATM is pretty moronic.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They have a two main stages, 2 smaller stages, a trance/dance/rap tent ?

(I think thats the how they're still doing it)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
anyone know if the tickets will be personalised like they were at splendour?

im planning on just purchasing 2 tickets and then deciding on someone to take with me closer to the date, as i have no definite confirmed person who is in for BDO, ashton will be overseas and the others aren't too keen i don't think.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
They have a two main stages, 2 smaller stages, a trance/dance/rap tent ?

(I think thats the how they're still doing it)
Two main stages right next to each other that interchange so there's no long waits between acts.
Two lesser stages next to each other, same deal.
Boiler room for dance shit.
Then there's like, a few other scattered stages like Lilyworld

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
anyone know if the tickets will be personalised like they were at splendour?
I'm pretty sure they won't be, otherwise it was pretty pointless making it 2 tickets per purchase

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
oh i dont know how they do the stages at BDO but i would think different styles of music go on different stages. like the M.I.A/justice clash at parklife, even though i know comparing those two to bjork/RATM is pretty moronic.
ive always really wondered about where Bjork fits into the bdo stage wise. I mean, I dont think she would headline the boiler room - she isnt dancey enough, but at the same time, the main stage is characteristic of big rock acts.

I guess that leaves the converse stage? i always considered her too popular/big but it seems a logical conclusion

HSC
nah i think she would definitely go on the main stages .. no fucking way in hell would everyone fit in the green tent thing or the boiler room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)