• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

big day out (2 Viewers)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nah i should get it though

my next cd purchases were going to deftones and maybe massive attack singles collection ($100)

funny i have a friend who says butterfly effect r like the deftones of australia?im not so sure on that1 though

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nar, I don't think so.

What deftones album you getting? I want bluebottle kiss's latest album, jeff buckley's grace EP's and i don't know what else, too much to buy.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i know
when i 16 my family said we will buy u any cds u want- just make a list...i felt bad in the end cause it was way too long

but im gonna get adrenaline- ive already got white pony!!that rocks

r u getting that jeff buckely anniversary album in that other thread??cause if u r what is the $$ value on it

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I want the re-released Grace one, but I want the EP's first and they're like $80 something.

I like White Pony and Around The Fur.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i was in utopia or hmv in the city (cant remeber) and i saw a deftones cd that had instrumental and live versions on some of their songs. not sure how good that would be

my own summer is a mad song, but ive been listening to lucky you from their new 1. minerva isnt as good though. the video clip for it was so boring

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
nar, i agree about the new one and i reckon i was overcharged for it when I bought it byron bay, but hey.

my own summer is a kick arse song.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
revivameter

its pretty much a widespread rumour now that ACDC will be playing for the BDO 2005 for sure- its been going around all these metal rumour websites.

Brad

Apparently The pixies backed out and they got the cure. But thats just rumours.

Apparently the rasmus (PUKE)
Greenday
SOAD
plus a couple of others (Interpol, the rapture, beasties, the music, hope of the states :D have all been rumoured) There is a thread i made with a heap of rumours about a month ago.

If anyone didnt see the flaming lips this year, they missed out on the best BDO experience EVER...

Ellie-Bee

HSC
anyone know about any homebake rumours they'd like to share???

btw, utopia kicks ass!! :D

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
acca dacca ... coldplay? muse? NOFX?

these are some mighty fine rumours

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
BDO is one of those events which i'd go to whatever the lineup, great excuse to get mashed and enjoy myself.
That said I was pretty happy with the lineup last year, Mr Lif and Aesop Rock, never would have predicted them lol.

Lorie

HSC
Angus Young at Big day out! That guy will go into Big day out history with Dave Grohl. that would be soooo mad if ad/dc went.

NOFX!!!!!!! oh may god!!!!!!! Fat Mike is god. they are sooooo good. that would be the best punk rock set ever

surfie_rockstar

hey homebake is coming up soon.. well at least before the big day out.. i really need to save some money to get tix

taxman

make poverty
HSC
The Cure! Are you serious! OMG, if The Cure are there, I'll buy like six tickets...I don't know why...but I will! I swear!

I'm hoping to see Little Birdy there...and maybe an introduction to Australian audiences by Pedro the Lion. Pedro is awesome...I'd love to see him on our shores.

But I'll be there probably no matter who's going...unless Bumblebeez 81 are there....I can't even say their name without puking after their gig at the Radiohead concert in April...it was fucking pathetic. The lead singer spent her time yeling BOO into the microphone and then running up and down the stage while the guitarist just mashed his strings. Worst...gig....ever.

Bring on BDO '05 me says.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
scuse the n00b

but how many days is BDO, whats the cost etc... the basic details

i dont know much about it, but the lineup looks great and everyone says its a good event overall

taxman

make poverty
HSC
It's usually mid to late January...this year it was the 23rd & 24th I think...correct me if I'm wrong. It's usually about $100. I'm looking at losing my BDO virginity next year...so it should be great.

Brad

Yeah... its a one day event... usually 100 its not 2 days in syd this year... that was only so they could afford MEtallica... its an Awesome day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)