Big diff between Exam and Asess marks? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I got a few 90's in my exam marks.

Always scaled down to a band 5 cuz of assessments....

moe12345

listen to this
I got an exam mark of 86 for chemistry but only an assessment mark of 56. A 30 mark difference.Damn

helper

HSC
N/A
The bias I cannot comment on but if you really felt that way, maybe you should have discussed it with the head teacher, deputy or principal. The teacher is accountable to explain the difference in marks and how you could improve them.

As for the marking, teachers will be looking for a variety of things in marking not just what happens in the HSC. Once again the assessment covers a lot more skills and other aspects that are not examined. This is why in science only 50% of your assessment is suppose to be tests or exams. You can't do a speech in a HSC exam but it is a skill that your assessment may cover.

Karlz04

HSC
Shuter said:
What's some of the biggest gaps you know/other people got?

For Ext1 Maths I got Exam of 73 and an assessment of 57! That's 16 points difference!

Someone else I know got an examination of 32 for EX2 English but her assessment was 47! That's 15 (or 30 if out of 100) points difference.

I guess my question is how can the schools get it so wrong?
Im not sure if anyone has posted this, I didnt read through all the replies. Its easy to have a large difference between marks for EE2 - the assessment mark is the process of the major work (ie. the research, work done, etc.) and the assessmets (which are discussing the work you have done), whereas the exam mark is the final major work composition. I had a large difference in my maks too. Assessment was 46, while the exam mark was only 40. And I agree with my marks. I put a LOT of effort and time into research and working on my major work, yet my finished story was nothing I would consider exceptional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)