• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biggest Fashion Mistake??? (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
kaylz said:
one word: jellies
ohh i babysit for a 3 year old whose got those in purple with sparkles. has anyone noticed how little kids have such cool clothes now? I just wore daggy tshirts with teddybears and crap on them. the little girl I babysit for has tiny pink havianas and chocolate brown boots and so many cool outfits that i would probably wear if they had it in my size. the other day i was babysitting and she even had on a little brown bolero. so cute

kimmi06

HSC
Haha! Yeh my neighbour has 2 little girls and they have the CUTEST clothes out, I swear. The youngest one is 5 and she wears little zebra-print leggings under a mini skirt, lol!!! Damn those little kids with their awesome fashion. Does anyone remember when Supre' sold jellies?!? It was only recently, probably last year? I hate to go against the crowd guys, but I think they're scary lol!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah im in awe when i go into baby target. (im addicted to the store). and the kids clothes are just so damn adorable. little girls get to wear the hottest jeans.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm actually against a lot of the little kids fashion nowadays, I don't think little kids should be dressed like 15 yr olds, which is seemingly where fashion is heading.

I have young nieces, and it is soooo hard to buy them clothes that aren't remotely skanky.

frootloop

HSC
I'm sort of against it too. They're growing up way too fast as it is!

Childhood is meant to be a time of bliss and ignorance. They're not supposed to be worrying about what they're going to wear or attracting boys or any of that.

They're supposed to be wearing daggy clothes... I'm not sure why... but they should be. It just feels... right. If they wear cool stuff now then they won't appreciate their transition into adolecsence as much (when we all started wearing cool stuff:)).

Maybe I am slightly jealous of them... I shudder when I look at old photos and I'm dressed in my rainbow tie dye overalls and frilly floral dresses... (Mum claims they were in at the time- whatever!) but then isn't that all part of the growing up experience? Seeing how you've changed? How you've developed? Matured? So you can look back and know that life was truly carefree. That nothing mattered...

I just feel as though these little girls are being deprived of some of the growing up experience.

I have to admit though... they do wear nice stuff... (except for the skankily dressed little girls)

ladyknight

HSC
Black skintight velvet flare pants. Fluro-orange blouse with tails and white polkadots. Fluro-green singlet. Bright blue chunky headband complete with 2 whisps of fringe pulled from a 2 tight pigtail buns. Bright pink platform Converse sneakers. Rainbow nailpolish.

I was the feckin rainbow baby, methinks I win.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm actually against a lot of the little kids fashion nowadays, I don't think little kids should be dressed like 15 yr olds, which is seemingly where fashion is heading.

I have young nieces, and it is soooo hard to buy them clothes that aren't remotely skanky.
im totally against that as well, but i think there are clothes that are less daggier for little girls now, like the kid i babysit for has got peasant style skirts and things that are really nice

arrested development
HSC
I think that when dressing a child one should take advantage of the fact that it is THE ONLY TIME IN THEIR LIFE WHERE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH DRESSING UP IN FULL COSTUMES AND AVOID GETTING CALLED A FREAK!!

So I feel that, while a child should not dress like a skanky old mole with a loose vagina, they should also not be forced to dress like potato sacks/farmers/other ugly things. Dress little girls up in cute princess costumes or fairy costumes or nautical-style get-ups.... stuff like that.

Ummm it's so cute! :eek:

frootloop

HSC
ladyknight said:
Black skintight velvet flare pants. Fluro-orange blouse with tails and white polkadots. Fluro-green singlet. Bright blue chunky headband complete with 2 whisps of fringe pulled from a 2 tight pigtail buns. Bright pink platform Converse sneakers. Rainbow nailpolish.

I was the feckin rainbow baby, methinks I win.
Hey... maybe the rainbow thing was in at the time after all! And I thought my parents just wanted to see how colourful they could make their daughter look... did I mention I had a matching tie dye rainbow cap and wore a pink t-shirt and white and pink Barbie sneakers with my (knee-length) tie dye rainbow overalls? And that they have footage of me wearing it on tape... which I definitely will not be saving if there ever was a house fire.

Now let us never speak of the rainbow phase ever again. :)

kimmi06

HSC
lol omg rainbows...*shudders* anyone remember the colourful sequin stage? I had a rainbow sequined hat and sequined purse...oh god.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Oh god yes. I remember those sequined things. I had one of those little purses. No hat, but the purse yes.
And I used to heart Jellies! Back when i was a kid. Hahaha, I used to love them. I think i had the clear glitter and the Pink glitter. They're so cute. ^^ I bought my little cousin a pair and sent them overseas to her ^.^ hehehhee.

arielle_1

HSC
those rainbow sequin stuff was truly heinous i even had a vest like that, to match my hat and denim mini (with sequins on it) - however the only upside was a very cute pair of round toed shoes with those sequins on it

Also a really bad fashion disaster was my grandmother making me a swiming costume- it had pockets on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)