BILLY ELLIOT please helppp "into the world" (1 Viewer)

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
hey i was wondering if anyone has any techniques or notes on Billy Elliot regarding into the world, ANYTHING would be helpful
thanks heaps

I CANT BELEIVE ITS UPON US ALREADY!!!!! :jaw:

fliick

HSC
N/A
This is more like revision for my own sake ;)

Deals with;

Importance of family;billy seeks mother figure in Mrs Wilkinson (tutor). His frustration at having a deadbeat dad and s***head of a brother.

Social class;Lots of juxtaposition emphasising scummy villas of the striking coal workers. (another barrier) Includes stereotypes.

Physical barriers; Vast expanses of brick walls, concreted ground, corrugated iron fences.

Door motif;Billys first initial glimpse of ballet (a new world) through a gap in a roughly constructed door. Doors are shut/opened. Mention the bloody door motif.

Gender roles;lads do boxin', or wrestlin'. Not bloody ballet" And theres homosexuality in Billy's friend. And Billy accepts him. Or else he would be a hipocryt

Fate; Billy'ss brother represents a possible future if he remains in this society. This bus scene made me cry.

Aptitude/skill determination character strength and the driving forces that drive the character...

If you mention the above stuff and get on to an important scene and evaluate on that, should be fine.

Last edited:

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
thanks
this is exactly the kinda stuff i need :)

ive never heard of the term "door motif" but im pritty sure i get wat u mean, and ill be sure to use it, that is perfect for like going "into the world".
thanks heaps for all that :)

kaiisons

HSC
basically what door motif, means that the reoccuring images of doors throughout the movie representing a barrier that he overcomes to venture into his new world. like the old saying you know by closing that door you open up a new one or something like that.

Similar with the physical barriers also a motif that reoccurs throught the movie from boxing rings, to the reception area near the end of the movie he does not enter the barrier emphasising that he has overcome this physical restrictions place on him by society.

hope it helps a bit.

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
sweet
i googled it, but ur much shorter explanation actually makes alot more sense :p
sweet thanks for both of those, ill use em :)

bobdoe

HSC
Did you know the actor that plays Billy s brother is an actual Homosexual

Also the idea Male and Female stereotypes is being question Eg. how Guys usually do boxing instead of freaking Ballet,

jaylove

Banned
HSC
hey i'm doing an in class test on this, and we need to know like .. techniques and all that for billy elliot.
could anyone please list everything they know for all the scenes? in detail?

thanks, xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)