BIO MC HELP! (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
Screen Shot 2012-03-17 at 1.02.05 PM.jpg
2. Could be b or c because I read somewhere that producing healthy young is also survival of the fittest

Screen Shot 2012-03-17 at 1.02.41 PM.jpg
5. is b or d, not sure...

And I don't know about 3 or 6

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
For 3 is has to be b as it says to minimise water loss so that cuts out c and d straight away and a is to gain water not to prevent water loss
For 6 it would have to be b as it says acidic environment so that cuts out a,c and d.
For 2 its between b and c but I'm not too sure either :/
For 5 I would lean towards d
This is just my 2c :p

Last edited:

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
For 2 I would say B because if they survive all the challenges, then they can go onto reproduce and pass on their favourable characteristics.
For 3, C and D are gone immediately. I would go B (same reason as above)
For 5 its D. Its not B because they didn't know chromosomes existed at the time so it couldn't have been part of his work.
For 6 its B. Its the only one that would survive in the low pH of the stomach.

Aysce

HSC
For 2 I would say B because if they survive all the challenges, then they can go onto reproduce and pass on their favourable characteristics.
For 3, C and D are gone immediately. I would go B (same reason as above)
For 5 its D. Its not B because they didn't know chromosomes existed at the time so it couldn't have been part of his work.
For 6 its B. Its the only one that would survive in the low pH of the stomach.
I agree. Although, i STRONGLY believe 2 is B since within the context of natural selection, it is about who can survive and dominate within a specific environment.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, that one's a lot tougher. I would rule out A and B, leaving C or D. I'm really not sure on this one so I would just go C.

Aysce

HSC
Wow, that one's a lot tougher. I would rule out A and B, leaving C or D. I'm really not sure on this one so I would just go C.
The answer is C because to create energy, oxygen is required to produce ATP during respiration in which it is now available for the endotherm to use to stabilise its body temperature.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My answers are:

2) C
3) B
5) D
6) B
18) C

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My answers are:

2) C
3) B
5) D
6) B
18) C

The answer to 2 is definitely C because the concept of natural selection is about surviving and reproducing effectively, and therefore, C is the best answer.

RishBonjour

HSC
Bit delayed.. but
OP, do you have the correct answer for Q18?
C makes most sense (in a test, I would go for this)
but respiration also produces heat. isn't that why endotherms such as kangaroo lower metabolic activity during higher temp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)