Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
Guys you know the ebola question. Those that talked about immunoglobins / antibodies...

I talked about antibodies only, not memory lymphocytes. I did not know that memory B cells / T cells could be transferred from person to person??? I know antibodies can be (passive immunisation), so talked about that.

I see a lot of people talking about memory B and T cells, but would that be correct? Can they be transferred to other persons?
I just said it acts like a vaccination. Probabaly wrong but eh. It would stimulate B and T cell growth.

Flop21

HSC
I just said it acts like a vaccination. Probably wrong but eh. It would stimulate B and T cell growth.
Yeah well I would imagine the antibodies would be the only thing getting transferred over via the plasma. Then of course the clumped antibodies would be found by the receiver's T-cells / B-cells. I don't think memory cells have anything to do with that particular situation.

Still screwed up that question anyway, damn. Gosh darn why didn't I go with my gut!! I changed clotting factors to bloody haemoglobin / oxygen which is completely wrong :(

pricey97

HSC
I just said it acts like a vaccination. Probabaly wrong but eh. It would stimulate B and T cell growth.
Yeah I said the same thing, introduction of antibodies will quicken the immune response

Mr_Kap

HSC
yeh i talked about memory B cells and T cells but wasn't sure if plasma carried them but said it anyway

But i also talked about immunoglobins and clotiing shit etc...

I also talked about the fact they had to scan the blood for infectious diseases etc....

not sure all correct though

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
We can't do anything now though! I tell myself that after every exam yet i spend the evening trying to work out a mark for myself. All i want is a B6 for bio.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
For that Ebola question I talked about:
- Memory T-lymphocytes and memory B-lymphocytes have proliferated in the plasma of the original host, and are successful in fighting the disease.
- By giving this plasma to a patient who shows early symptoms of Ebola, these memory lymphocytes are able to begin fighting the virus early, potentially decreasing the effects of the virus dramatically or even successfully eliminating the virus before it causes any serious damage.
- Additionally, the plasma may aid in the blood loss caused by Ebola in the contracted patient.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Guys. We should really just put this exam behind us and not worry about it anymore. We will see how we go on December the 15th, and hopefully you all get the marks you wanted. If not, no use worring about it now.

Catz

HSC
Do you think bio would align well then since it was difficult?

Mr_Kap

HSC
Do you think bio would align well then since it was difficult?
idk. probably like last years scaling (hopefully). Somewhere around 81 or 82% raw go to a 90 maybe (like last year).

Dont reckon it was that hard though (yeh some tricky questions but overall it wasnt too bad) so maybe like 84 or 85 raw goes to like 90

Catz

HSC
idk. probably like last years scaling (hopefully). Somewhere around 81 or 82% raw go to a 90 maybe (like last year).

Dont reckon it was that hard though (yeh some tricky questions but overall it wasnt too bad) so maybe like 84 or 85 raw goes to like 90
Yeah im hoping for 85 raw

Catz

HSC
And the exam wasn't as easy as previous years though so it should align better

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Someone link me the paper. I wanna do MC for fun. I brought my paper two years ago and it was confirmed i was the only one on bos to get 20/20

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
For genetics - the code broken, what did you all get for question 34 a)?

Mr_Kap

HSC
obliviousninja

yeh but tbh all MC were easy from 2007 -2014. 2013 (your hSC) was a bit harder than others i admit, got 20/20 by a lucky guess for one question.

I got full marks in all of them 15/15 in the earlier ones and then 20/20 in the later ones.

And i could do the new format ones (out of twenty) in around 10-12 minutes. In my exam today i took like 15-17 minutes to do my MC, and made 2 maybe 3 mistakes, so I'm pretty dissapointed

Moey2519

HSC
i put 1500hz-5000hz but i think its more of a rough estimate rather than getting the exact Hz xD

luhanbby

HSC
You reckon a bacterium is larger than a RBC? Wow, big call.
LOL well sorry i don't recall me being the only person that thought it was a bacteria .__. but yea pretty dumb of me i was confused with the size and shit only knew the relative sizes of the pathogens to each other

Flop21

HSC
LOL well sorry i don't recall me being the only person that thought it was a bacteria .__. but yea pretty dumb of me i was confused with the size and shit only knew the relative sizes of the pathogens to each other
I didn't study the size of the pathogens at all. I had a rough idea of virus and prion just from common sense, but no idea what size a bacteria vs fungi.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I didn't study the size of the pathogens at all. I had a rough idea of virus and prion just from common sense, but no idea what size a bacteria vs fungi.
Don't worry about it I rushed it and I read "cell..." then my eyes went to "membrane" and my brain told me it was "cell membrane".

cindyn

HSC
I forgot to indicate at the 8-marker that I did not tell the marker to "see extra booket" because I used an extra booklet for this. I did indicate on the blue sheet that I used 2 booklets. Do you think they'd end up marking it? The answer was definitely unfinished on the actual question because I'd only discussed Renal Dialysis. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)