Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I forgot to indicate at the 8-marker that I did not tell the marker to "see extra booket" because I used an extra booklet for this. I did indicate on the blue sheet that I used 2 booklets. Do you think they'd end up marking it? The answer was definitely unfinished on the actual question because I'd only discussed Renal Dialysis. Thoughts?
If you wrote your student number for the extra booklet I think you'll be fine.

Flop21

HSC
There was a space at the back for extra space, I just used that instead of needing another booklet.

I wrote "*used extra space ->"

Chris_S

HSC
I bet everyone went well in this test and gets the marks they have desired for so don't worry! Just focus on your next exams and ace them! Good luck everyone!

Mr_Kap

HSC
There was a space at the back for extra space, I just used that instead of needing another booklet.

I wrote "*used extra space ->"
what????

i wrote on the extra space at the back an just indicated what question i was answering on it (continuation of 8 marker). I didn't write "used extra space", where was i meant to write that????? Shit, are they not gonna read the stuff i wrote on the extra space

Flop21

HSC
what????

i wrote on the extra space at the back an just indicated what question i was answering on it (continuation of 8 marker). I didn't write "used extra space", where was i meant to write that????? Shit, are they not gonna read the stuff i wrote on the extra space
Haha don't worry, I just did that just in case. I would imagine they check if there's anything written on the extra space first off.

You wrote the actual question tho right? Like 'Question 30, part B, i)' Or whatever the question was. If so you'll be fine.

Anyway RIP 2015 biology. I hope I get a good mark, I did know my content well. I just feel like I've stuffed up on the MC and I suppose I can only blame myself for not going over it a few times (but I can blame test maker a little bit for making too many trick / not clear questions).

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Yeah I put a mark as well, lol. Although I might have passed the borders of "do not write here" a couple times and realized so I wrote the words again.

Mr_Kap

HSC
you are allowed to write under the given lines right??
I did that quite a few times

Flop21

HSC
you are allowed to write under the given lines right??
I did that quite a few times
Yeah probably. I did that too. Just made sure it didn't go outside the border of the page. It's a real human marking these answers so they'll sit there and read it, they won't ignore the parts off the lines.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Yeah probably. I did that too. Just made sure it didn't go outside the border of the page. It's a real human marking these answers so they'll sit there and read it, they won't ignore the parts off the lines.
What if it goes on the space to the right side of the start of another question but you put boundaries to show it was still part of question before?
I'm pretty sure for one question i added a sentence or two like that.

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about it, I forgot to number my extra writing booklets and rang up Bostes and they noted it for my markers. They are human as we are! mistakes happen

janahomsi

HSC
i cant remember if the question said sonic shadow made, or not made..but i know i answered it correctly in the exam.

So it is frequency > 1400hz
guys! Didnt it say the answer needed to be in a range??

Flop21

HSC
guys! Didnt it say the answer needed to be in a range??
To me it's common sense the 'range' is up to 20,000Hz (limit of human hearing). I didn't see the need to write that, so just wrote 1400Hz +. >1400Hz probably would have been better.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
How many pages did people write for the 6, 7 and 8 markers?

EDIT: I hear a lot of people writing like three pages. Like, how big is your hand-writing? I always never exceed a page for a question.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
How many pages did people write for the 6, 7 and 8 markers?

EDIT: I hear a lot of people writing like three pages. Like, how big is your hand-writing? I always never exceed a page for a question.
For the kidney one I filled up the writing space they gave us + around a page or less of the extra writing space. I think? So yeah nothing massive. Hopefully I still get full marks though? Dunno how strict they are at marking them, my trials I think they were pretty lenient.

And for the ones less than 7 I just filled up the writing space, maybe the blank space underneath as well. Can't remember how much for the option one...

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Wait wait so in the multiple choice, it was bacteria? Some people are saying fungus some bacteria and now I'm confused.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Wait wait so in the multiple choice, it was bacteria? Some people are saying fungus some bacteria and now I'm confused.
bacteria cant be smaller than red blood cells.

It is fungus, i pretty sure i picked bacteria though (was tossing up between the two and in the end used eeny meeny miny mo). But I remember circling both but cant remember which one i crossed out. There is still a chance i picked fungus.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC

It is fungus, i pretty sure i picked bacteria though (was tossing up between the two and in the end used eeny meeny miny mo). But i remember circling both but cant remember which one i crossed out. There is still a chance i picked fungus.
I HATE MY BRAIN FOR SEEING "cell wall" and "membrane" and telling me it's "CELL MEMBRANE"!!!

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC

It is fungus, i pretty sure i picked bacteria though (was tossing up between the two and in the end used eeny meeny miny mo). But i remember circling both but cant remember which one i crossed out. There is still a chance i picked fungus.
heck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Flop21

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/1087/biology/314174/general-thoughts.html The previous years were so much more chill! Even though the 2013 exam was considered quite challenging.
I'm really hoping they mark harshly + aligning is good this year. I think it was a VERY difficult MC, the rest of the test was average in difficulty - wouldn't say it was harder, wouldn't say it was easy (maybe a little bit harder?). I definitely don't think it was an easy test, even though I'm hoping for a good mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)