Biology hsc: The most effective way to study? (1 Viewer)

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
HEY guys!
so im busy preparing for trials at the moment, and biology is stressing the heck outta me...ive been reading notes (ahmad's) and then attemting past hsc questions etc...the excel guides are quite helpful as well :)

what exactly is the best way to study for the trials and HSC for bio??? would rly appreciate the advice!

just wondering how everyone else is preparing for trials and the HSC and whether there are any helpful hints and tips that ppl would like to share from past experiences?

good luck for the HSC :)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
HEY guys!
so im busy preparing for trials at the moment, and biology is stressing the heck outta me...ive been reading notes (ahmad's) and then attemting past hsc questions etc...the excel guides are quite helpful as well :)

what exactly is the best way to study for the trials and HSC for bio??? would rly appreciate the advice!

just wondering how everyone else is preparing for trials and the HSC and whether there are any helpful hints and tips that ppl would like to share from past experiences?

I haven't done the HSC yet, but I am preparing for MX1 trials (accelerant) which I'm guessing could relate to Bio. I say revise all the work you've done so far thoroughly and grab some past papers and complete them under test conditions. The latter has been praised as "one of the best ways to study for an upcoming exam".

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
I haven't done the HSC yet, but I am preparing for MX1 trials (accelerant) which I'm guessing could relate to Bio. I say revise all the work you've done so far thoroughly and grab some past papers and complete them under test conditions. The latter has been praised as "one of the best ways to study for an upcoming exam".

HEY thts the same for me! i'm accelerating in mx1 and bio this year haha but i graduate next yr :)
how u going for mx1?

chistar

HSC
N/A
i find making my own notes helps... then i go through the syllabus and try to answer each by myself... then i (plan to) do practice papers

ajay098

HSC
group discussions work pretty well 2 to get the theory into ur head...since there is so much content in bio, an active method for learning is helpful. but other than that, past papers and memorize ur notes.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i have found for bio specifically. If i can create a mental image that relates to it i can remember it better eg.

BLOOD COMPONENTS

A white plate with red tomato sauce being washed off by water = platlets + white blood cells are bigger (usually then) red blood cells and water = plasma. I can remember this as it is something i can associate it with.

I also do my own syllabus dot points and practice papers.

Brontecat

HSC
i write all i know the syllabus dotpoint (even irrelevant info that somehow relates) then i summarise that again and rewrite if needed

btw good luck with the accelerating, i bet its pretty difficult at times :)

kevda1st

HSC
There is no thinking involved in Bio.

As much as i don't believe in cramming, you have to for bio.

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
i write all i know the syllabus dotpoint (even irrelevant info that somehow relates) then i summarise that again and rewrite if needed

btw good luck with the accelerating, i bet its pretty difficult at times :)

HEY yeah it is....especially when u have to balance yr 11 and yr 12 subjects lol
r u doing it as well? i c ur hsc is split over 2 yrs...unless ur doing pathways..?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Know the concepts, know your examples well, know your practicals and the usual layout of first hand investigations and know how to structure your answers, especially for long response questions.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And this is especially effective. If you can get a group and discuss the dot points of the syllabus in an in-depth manner, it can be very beneficial.

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
im just remembering Ahmad shah adil notes.. lol - considering everything's in depth..

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
HEY guys!

ya habibte yallah just read ur notes there is noooooooooooooo other way

untitled....

HSC
I use a variety of internet sources and artciles my teacher has given to make notes, but lately I've just been using DotPoint. Although many of you don't liek it i find it very effective.

Oh and bio is one of those subjects where you know if you have covered something or not coz it's all laid out straightforwardly.

killua_3

HSC
i like to do past papers. as many as possible and get your teacher's feedback. this way, i can find out which sections i need revising and how to answer questions better - win win :D

reading other people's notes also help imo

shediedlarfing

HSC
i have found for bio specifically. If i can create a mental image that relates to it i can remember it better eg.

BLOOD COMPONENTS

A white plate with red tomato sauce being washed off by water = platlets + white blood cells are bigger (usually then) red blood cells and water = plasma. I can remember this as it is something i can associate it with.

I also do my own syllabus dot points and practice papers.

Just wonderingg - are you a left-handed dude/dudette? lols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)