Biology or Physics for yr 11? (1 Viewer)

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
So I'm taking Chemistry and want to do another science. I like Biology...and kinda think Physics is a bit boring from what we've learnt so far. But I've heard that Physics would be a better choice than Biology, like maybe Biology's harder and Physics just basically formulas. I don't know...Chemistry and Physics? or Chemistry and Biology? And I don't really need to do all 3 sciences if I want to get into the science field right? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:)

pillar

HSC
bio isn't harder

most would say do physics, but really it's up to you

I suggest just taking a guess at which one you'll do better in and pick that, you'll know within the first couple of weeks if you really dislike it or know you can't do as good as you'd hoped in it, in which case it's not too late to change.

occer

HSC
N/A
I'd take Physics because I'm a scaling bitch.

But I wouldn't do 2 sciences anyway.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
It's up to you

Physics scales higher than Biology, but Biology is easier.
I would pick Physics mainly because I hear that Biology is boring.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So I'm taking Chemistry and want to do another science. I like Biology...and kinda think Physics is a bit boring from what we've learnt so far. But I've heard that Physics would be a better choice than Biology, like maybe Biology's harder and Physics just basically formulas. I don't know...Chemistry and Physics? or Chemistry and Biology? And I don't really need to do all 3 sciences if I want to get into the science field right? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:)
Definitely chem and physics. its entirely up to you. but my opinion? Physics is very theory and ENGLISH based now and a lot of the maths have been taken out (WTF) since the syllabus was revised in the early 2000s. its not that hard. biology is also theory-based and has a lot of memorising compared to the other sciences.

btw, which AREA in the science field are you looking at? that would make it easier because eg. you dont need bio to go into mathematical physics. :)

It's up to you

Physics scales higher than Biology, but Biology is easier.
I would pick Physics mainly because I hear that Biology is boring.
a lot of people say bio is boring and they are right in a way. remember that the preliminary courses of BOTH physics and biology are very DRY and both do get more interesting when entering the HSC syllabus. besides, people interested in biology would say physics is boring (though im not one of those).

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I'd take Physics because I'm a scaling bitch.

But I wouldn't do 2 sciences anyway.
I'm also a scaling bitch. Even though I say the subjects I choose are:
1/3 interest, 1/3 ability and 1/3 scaling.
And I'm doing 3 sciences.

maths94

HSC
If you want to know what the easier subject is well thats Biology, the harder one is obviously physics. If you consider undertaking physics l believe it would help if you have good maths skills. Also if your good at science and maths choose physics. If you r not good at maths and good in science go for biology. If you hav friends in yr 11 ask them is the work hard, what do you learn etc..

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you want to know what the easier subject is well thats Biology, the harder one is obviously physics. If you consider undertaking physics l believe it would help if you have good maths skills. Also if your good at science and maths choose physics. If you r not good at maths and good in science go for biology. If you hav friends in yr 11 ask them is the work hard, what do you learn etc..
There's pretty much no maths in physics though - if you can sub in values and substitute you'll be fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)