Biology preso tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

tloos

HSC
So I have a biology powerpoint preso tomorrow that is on Leprosy.
Now I am a confident reader and I can engage the audience very quickly, so my question is, should i prepare a speech that i read off or should i speak looking at the powerpoint and look to and from the class? Is it disengaging if I read of the powerpoint which is expanded on a large screen, keeping in mind I will look back to the class as I remember a majority of the preso. Or is it a safety to write it down in speech form and present it as a speech, clicking the computer to change to each slide.

What would you guys feel would be the ideal way to engage the audience? I do not want to bore them at all

Kind Regards

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The ideal way to engage the audience is not to have palm cards at all and literally just say things with each slide change-this requires a VERY THOROUGH memory of the whole speech (i.e. back to front). You can practice for a few hours more (I have always followed by the rule to make a speech perfect, for every minute-you need to practice around an hour-but that's just me-and I am passionate about public speaking), or you can alternatively write notes below your powerpoint presentation (it is a part of the Word powerpoint feature) and this way you don't need to hold up speech palm cards (which can be distracting), but yet you can look at the laptop screen periodically to make sure you have covered what you need to say for a particular slide.

But if you are unfamiliar with what I am talking about, then just write down the speech in its entirety as a safety net. Best of luck tomorrow !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)