Biology Trial Bullsh*&^ (1 Viewer)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I need your opinion. Our Biology class just had our trials a week ago, and now I have been informed that no one got above 80%. Now this is not the first time this has happened. For our half-yearly no one got above 80% either and the top mark was 75%. Im not blaming the teacher, but there is an obvious problem that needs fixing, and that most likely lies in structuring our responses. Im not sure what to think, because tbh it is really demotivating how this has happened twice, and I fear it is going to carry through to the HSC. Im definitely not thinking that "Oh, our teachers a hard marker, we'll be fine for the HSC" because that is stupid. What do you guys think??

Kasjivw

Banned
HSC
N/A
Have you asked your Biology teacher how to improve? The problem could be you not asking how to better structure your responses.

In my opinion you have to move on, as long as your ranks are good you will be fine.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Have you asked your Biology teacher how to improve? The problem could be you not asking how to better structure your responses.

In my opinion you have to move on, as long as your ranks are good you will be fine.
I have before, but the response has been you blab out loads of information, but don't particularly target the question. So, yes that is clear it is the issue, and our whole class would benefit loads from practicing great responses. I agree with you, Im sort of relieved our ranks won't be separated too much, however, I don't want this to happen in my HSC.

Kasjivw

Banned
HSC
N/A
I have before, but the response has been you blab out loads of information, but don't particularly target the question. So, yes that is clear it is the issue, and our whole class would benefit loads from practicing great responses. I agree with you, Im sort of relieved our ranks won't be separated too much, however, I don't want this to happen in my HSC.
In the actual HSC, markers are told to reward students for their effort. HSC markers in my school tell us you will always be awarded marks for correct information. So don't worry to much.

Also, my IPT teacher does the same. Is your teacher referring to the HSC verbs? i.e. describe, analyse? If so that is an issue which needs to be addressed. My IPT is very strict on the HSC verbs and how you answer questions.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't stress this enough. Developing sound logic and communication skills should be your top priority.

mcfj

HSC
N/A
Hard Test, Easy Test, Easy Marker, Hard Marker...internal assessment will NOT affect your HSC result. Just work hard on doing well in your HSC exam, and make sure the rest of your cohort do the same! Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)