Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hehe, yeah, I remember Louise Lutze-Mann. She took us for 3 lectures last term and then abandoned us. That was the plan all along, but I would have preferred to have her over Peter Little for the rest of the genetics part of 1201.

What later courses does Archer take?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm, most likely anything to do with Paleontological issues, seeing how Prof Archer earned himself an interview with Campbell's biology.

I have to say though, I reckon the only reason why Archer's taking us for biology is mainly because we're first years, and they think that, by having professors give lectures out, they'll somehow subdue us, and make us think that UNSW is great and stuff. The same with Maths I believe...

But hey, who cares, as long as the lecturer's great, then we all have no complains. :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That Mike Archer interview could have been put there by the Australian editor, you know, to make Australia seem more important than it really is. It's possible!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
so for tuesday's 10am-1pm lab class is a bos meet up still on?
youll know where to find me

Rekkusu

HSC
Yup, Im in. And you know where to find me as well :p Ill try and get to the lab slightly earlier.

haha hey, at least the "copying of notes" from those posters will be in a way, more entertaining now...

P.s. Btw, if we do finish early, we could catch up as well for lunch or something. We'll see how things go, cos I've read our practical, and it looks like we're just gonna hand in some table worth 3%.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha i hope so man im relying on you to find me :p
im always late to the loab or jus tmake it on time...im just too lazy to wake really early in the morning
ahh looking forward to tomorrow....no pre tests
yeah hope we finish early......love to have lunch but im meeting someone at around 2pm but we could catch up after the lab if you're free

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, Mike Archer are likely to take some BEES courses.

Do you guys have Michael Beal this year for BIOS1101?

Rekkusu

HSC
Yeah definately mate. I have no classes tomorrow after my lab actually, till 3pm. So, we'll see how it goes, no worries if you're catching up with someone else, since after my quick lunch I usually have some light chemistry or biology reading.

Haha yeah, no pre-tests rock! It gives me valuable time to study and read up on the biology lectures I missed out or lol half-slept.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

HSC
o_O Let's see...if I get a room, I'm either gonna be using it to cook curry, or to read...or...hm let's see.

Wait, but isn't this room reserved for BIOS1101 talk? :p

Anyways, back on topic. Actually yes we do have M.Beal for lectures 20 till the end of BIOS1101, is he good??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Anyways, back on topic. Actually yes we do have M.Beal for lectures 20 till the end of BIOS1101, is he good??
Prepare to bring a pillow with you to the Bio lecture. :)

Seriously the worst lecturer I've had at UNSW.

Rekkusu

HSC
Omg...you serious? Lol I thought Nick Roberts was like the worst so far for Chem Lects.

>< damn I'm so going to resort to Textbook memorisation rather than his lectures. Ohh btw, just while you're around survivor, would you know of whether should know like every single thing in that Bio CD for the exam? Esp those tutorials?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You don't have to know EVERY single thing but expect questions to be based on the CD.

hmm, I would give Nick Roberts a 5/10 for his lecturing skills. And I would give M. Beal a 1/10.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Omg...you serious? Lol I thought Nick Roberts was like the worst so far for Chem Lects.
Nick Roberts is the 1337. He makes chemistry fun! Seriously, he does, makes it easy to understand too. I particuarly enjoy when he wanders off on retarded tangents about chemicals and such, very stimulating. Seeing as we're grading lecturers, and seeing as it's 20mins until Whose Line is it Anyway starts, I'll to the same thing, in rough order (both sessions)

Mike Archer - 10/10
Louise Lutze-Mann - 10/10
Paul Chandler - 10/10
David Cohen - 9.5/10
The education lady from session 1 - 9/10
David Edwards - 9/10
Scott Mooney - 8/10
Nick Roberts - 8/10
Paul Lennox - 7/10
Peter Little - 6/10
Jose Hanham - 6/10
John Triantifillis - 6/10
Matt Wand - 6.5/10
Diana Combe - 6.5/10 (only because of the boring subject matter)
Margaret Cooley - 5/10
Mike Edwards - 1/10
Colin Ward - 0/10
Renae Boon Hong Low - 0/10

Exciting stuff, huh? Did you guys have your little meeting?

Rekkusu

HSC
Haha yeah we did, a brief little hi, "talk and discussing Bio questions", then bye. But darn, we couldn't catch who Gavin was, but I'm assuming he knows me and Azn Gangsta.

Lol seriously Neb, you will most likely finish your Biology lab on thursday really early, I mean our lab finished at least 1 hour and 10 mins before 1PM. Lol not to mention me and Azn never went out onto that 2nd sequence of Botany Tours around UNSW....

Well...I supppse Nick Roberts is Ok, it's just that in some parts he raves on almost like some Automatic machine, and it seriously gets you sleepy. It's only when he starts to say stuff like like last lecture: "For NH3 there's one man and 3 women in this country...and in the this other molecule, there's 3 men and 1 women"

Lmao Mike Edwards is a total retarded lecturer, the only reason people turn up to his lecture is cos of the "filling up the boxed spaces" exercise that we do during the lecture. I saw him a couple of times like at the vietnamese food place near Med Faculty, and I even said Hi, and he walks past you like some low-class person. He's a total double-sided guy, he looks like some professional Dr up at Mathews theatre, but outside the lectures he's arrogant.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You'd think he'd at least say hello, what an asshole. I remember seeing Dr. Paul Lennox (geology) in the Mathews arcade newsagency place, and he actually said hello to me first. I thought that was rather groovy. It's nice to have a lecturer that goes to every lab and associates with the students like he did. That was cool.

*sniff* I'll miss that Mike Archer guy, his lectures were cool. He deserved that sitting ovation though, I'd go as far to say he deserved the standing variety.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Man, first we had the Dean of science, now we have the head of BEES. Unfortunately, the head of BEES is about as fun as cancer. Paul Adam = crap. Luckily though, his lectures seem straighfoward and not needing to go to. I'll still go though ;)

I thought the bio lab was fun! Everyone else seemed to be in a severe state of disdain toward classifying plants. I was the opposite. It's quite cool when you have assistants that are passionate about what they're doing. It's a pity they can't give us lectures instead of that boring old man with the walking cane.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
<_<
>_>
<_<

Wha? Where?

I got 2.67. (edit, for the table. 1.5 for the pre test no2 :()

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
damn got 1.8 for 1st pretest and 1.5 for 2nd pretest
however relying on the prac exercises where it should be easy marks
hoping for at least 2.5 if not 3/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)