• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hmmm, they probably do. I lost the timetable so I have no idea what's going on. I did find myself enjoying his fruit lectures. It seemed he was more excited about talking about fruit than anything else, and it was pretty interesting to hear all about avacados being much smaller than they actually are and such.

Survivor said that Beal was the most boring lecturer he's ever had, so my hopes aren't high.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah lets hope we dont have to bring a pillow during his lectures ay

you guys ready for the toad dissection this week? betcha there will be plenty of weak stomach people waiting for a nearest bucket to splat at

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Lol, yep. A couple of the people on the benches around me didn't seem too pleased with the upcoming dissection at all. I've still gotta buy my dissection kit though. Remember to buy gloves (if the manual is anything to go by).

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Oh just a reminder to all BIOS1101 students doing their dissections this week. You won't need to buy gloves, the demonstrators will bring in boxes of gloves.

Whoa man 2day's dissection was totally cool, the smell reeking from the insides of the toads is almost like raw fish, plus the smell of oysters that have gone bad.

haha, but the cutting, and feeling of the organs is all in the name of science! :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hahahaha. The rat smells 10 times worst than the toad. Personally, I enjoyed dissecting the rat better. But things are harder to find in the rat, especially the pancreas.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Oh and to all those who likes to disect things (non-human dissection), do BIOS2061, where you dissect a shark. But then again, you will have Beal as one of your lecturers, so it's a bit of a trade off.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah man how hectic was the toad dissection...the smell almost killed me
ay survivor...is beal really that bad?

Rekkusu

HSC
Hey Si-Ming! Great to see you around the thread :)

Whoa...lol well the smell was bearable, it's just that it's still stuck in my nostrils. Man I'm off from eating any sashimi (raw seafood) for at least a couple of days.

But yeah the organ-finding does get slightly complicated, but hey it's much more funner than dissecting a plan, and counting how many nodes it has!! :rofl:

Hmm...are we getting that Beal Lecturer dude soon Jeremy? Lol I haven't attended alot of the bio lectures lately, since I found that the dude just stated things similar to his lecture notes.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Sounds like fun. I look foward to this dissection. Did it get all messy over your labcoat? I've been looking for some new stains to add to it.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Hey Si-Ming! Great to see you around the thread :)

Whoa...lol well the smell was bearable, it's just that it's still stuck in my nostrils. Man I'm off from eating any sashimi (raw seafood) for at least a couple of days.

But yeah the organ-finding does get slightly complicated, but hey it's much more funner than dissecting a plan, and counting how many nodes it has!! :rofl:

Hmm...are we getting that Beal Lecturer dude soon Jeremy? Lol I haven't attended alot of the bio lectures lately, since I found that the dude just stated things similar to his lecture notes.
yeah i think Beal is doing his lectures after the mid session break

Rekkusu

HSC
urh, that's a relieving thought. Lol if anyone has Amitavo Islam as their lecturer, trust me, you really want to fire this guy (dismiss him from his job), he's probably rivalling Beal in the most boring-est lectures.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
man i dont wanna feel guilty about missing lectures, but if this Beal guy is as boring as you made him to be then all it would is waste my time
ahh dilemma!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If his notes are as comprehensive as Paul Adam's were, then I don't see why you'd need to turn up. That's my plan anyway, two hours less every week! Yeah!

These tutorials are absurdly boring. If we get to do course evaluations, I plan on writing a long spiel about how crappy the tuts are.

G

Gavvvvvin

On this weeks prac, on the diagram of the mammalian heart, whats the big artery thing in the bottom right corner?

Lol and I found this

G

Gavvvvvin

oooh so the aorta is the thing at the bottom right and the aortic arch is the thing at the top? so wtf is the 2nd label on the left under the anterior vena cava? theres not enough words for the lines...

Last edited by a moderator:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ay hang on a second
just looking at the program for the bios1101, and it says that theres only a tutorial test on this week and P10 starts on week 11
but do we dissect rat this week or next week?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah thats what i thought
cant be 3 hrs
but have you seen the bios timetable....looks kinda fucked
read like 30 pages of notes just for 4%
except i need this 4%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)