BIOS1201 - How did you Study?! (1 Viewer)

wind

HSC
Well I didn't think BIOS1201 was all that hard. Very little study and managed 84 or something. Would have definitely got a better mark had I studied more lol

I don't know but it seems like last year never happened compared to this year. Stupid BIOC2101, although Mike Edwards is cool lol :p

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Hmm, it's just that the online test is quite weird. I.e. lots of 'wtf?' questions. Hence me asking whether the final was similar to it, so i can prepare more.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think 1 or 2 questions were actually used in the actual final exam when I did it. So I think the pract test is similar to the final.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sikeveo said:
1 or 2! :( There are 70 questions :(
Well... it's better than nothing....At least you know for sure you got 1 or 2 marks...out of 100.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Is the stuff on the Bio CD important? It's obvious that much of the content is not found on the lecture slides, and I'm guessing that the stuff found on there will be found in the final exam. Is that correct?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Weird though in the BIOS cd, they talk about like all the atoms, molecules etc when like it's not even mentioned in the syllabus.

But I have to admit, they should create a more 'clearer' syllabus, it gives me alot of question marks as to what we should know and shouldn't know despite the 'general reply from lecturers' saying that the only stuff we go through in the lecture is the stuff in your exams. Since...lmao if all we had to do was just memorise the lecture notes, everyone would get HD or D is in this course...

Anyways, I think alot of us are stressing more for the chem exam we have tomorrow, rather than biology...since chemistry is just so vague at times esp with organic chem... >< It's like exactly how Survivor said it would be like...

G

Gavvvvvin

Hahah I'm not lookin forward to chem...I should be able to bluff my way through the first half of the paper, but I'm gone for the organic bit. Im just gonna draw any old jibberish for all the mechanism questions and hope for the best :eek:

Bio should be easy.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Jeez, this is certainly hyping me up for when I take chemistry next term ;)

On the subject of people getting D's and HD's, wasn't it something like 70% of the candidates get a pass in bio and nothing more? If all we have to do is memorise the lecture notes (which I dare say is total and utter crap), then a lot of people musn't read their notes and/or listen.

Rekkusu

HSC
Whoa...true. It's probably because lazy students who did do biology in HSC have an almost advantage to BIOS1201, its practically a repeat of the HSC course for them, except for the genetics practicals...

Oh man, I'm full-on going on organic chem tonight. Lol, I know my stuff...but in the exams you just seem to tune onto a different radio station...then everything in organic becomes foreign to you.

Btw, did anyone go to that practice 2004 chem exam that was held on wednesday? I just couldn't be bothered to waste 3.5 hours just to get there...then only getting 2 hours which could be useful...

Rekkusu

HSC
oops sorry, I should have added to and back from uni. It takes me almost like 1.7 hours to uni, then around the same to get back. But getting back takes longer, since like if I leave at 10:00am, the next m2 bus back to my suburb is like 50 minutes later... >< so I need to branch the 393 timings really well. So yeah... around 3.5 hours back and to uni.

Arh I'm so tempted to either move to a suburb near unsw or strathfield, but then these two places are so dull...and it's so expensive to buy houses there.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hmmm, BIOS1201 is not a repeat of Biology. :p

oh yes.. the horror of organic chem. 1st session organic is okay, it didn't kill me THAT much. But 2nd session chem is bad... It was my lowest mark on my academic transcript.. stupid chem... Second and third year are much better guys (1 - chem-free, 2 - do stuffs more relevent to you, 3 - do subjects that you want to do not forced to do). Keep up the good work :)

Rekkusu

HSC
Whoa, you serious man? CHEM1021 is another revisit of organic chemistry >< aw, just when I thought that I would never have to see it again after today's exams.

G

Gavvvvvin

good god was that chem exam one hell of an ass raping :(

PS so what happens if you fail a subject?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)