Blackmailed by Teacher Problem (1 Viewer)

mecramarathon

HSC
Ok so the school placed me in maths extension class 4 with the worst teacher for maths (smokes, plays detention hangman, won't teach, won't correct errors in test paper)

And i came top in the grade last year.

So i complained my head off and the staff blackmailed me by saying, "If u want us to place you in the top extension class, you have to drop physics cause it clashes and i can't swap your physics class cause it's full. Tough luck!"

And i was like, "OMFG" since working in a shit class with a shit teacher will drag your mark down even if you self study because it's the teacher who motivates u

So what should i do?

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
See the principal? have your parents with you for support also. make sure you explain the problem to your parents beforehand.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
badluck,

if ur classes clash then u cant really do much, unless u want to do something extreme.
u can think of what that might be.

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
get a friend from another phys class and swap with them. easy. unless you don't have friends. that could be bad.

LordPc

HSC
Wait til HSC?
Prelim = nothing.
I'd also support this idea if it wasnt for the fact that prelim maths questions do pop up in HSC and timetabling should be identical in HSC year (ie, your maths class will still clash with physics)

what do to? what someone already said, find someone to swap with you give them no reason not to approve the switch. if they still refuse, tell your maths or science co ordinators. If they do nothing, tell your year co ordinator or director of studies or the next level of staff at school. If they do nothing then go to the principal. But make sure you give the lower staff the opportunity to help you out, because if the principal then confronts them, they have no excuses like "the student never told me"

GL

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Wait til HSC?
Prelim = nothing.
Year 11 is important in ext maths

I had a bad teacher and did no work in ext in year 11 and was lost for a little bit in year 12, until taught myself the things i need from year 11, as you get tested on a bit of the stuff you learn/is expanded on in year 12

i didnt do as well as i should have if i tried but yer

its not hard to learn the year 11 ext maths work so just teach yourself youll be fine

Boxes

Banned
HSC
what exactly is 'detention hangman'?

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
Ok so the school placed me in maths extension class 4 with the worst teacher for maths (smokes, plays detention hangman, won't teach, won't correct errors in test paper)

So i complained my head off and the staff blackmailed me by saying, "If u want us to place you in the top extension class, you have to drop physics cause it clashes and i can't swap your physics class cause it's full. Tough luck!"

And i was like, "OMFG" since working in a shit class with a shit teacher will drag your mark down even if you self study because it's the teacher who motivates u

So what should i do?
they're not blackmailing you, faggot.

stop being immature and expecting things to be all perfect and pretty.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Dude just go to tutoring or some shit. And motivate yourself. Blackmail my ass. I expected real drama from a thread like this and all I get is this pathetic whiny bullshit? If you can top the grade, you can do it again. Motivate YOURSELF damnit, YOURSELF. You're not a freaking baby anymore so you are expected to be able to work independently.

Plus you can just go tutoring if you're really that worried. The school's not going to go out of its way because you're being pedantic about one teacher. Hell, everyone gets dud-ish teachers, you just have to live with it.

Jackie.bored

HSC
Hey, its not as bad as me.
I'm in year 12 and I got kicked out of the top maths class because my class clashed with another. It's not really blackmail, its more like the timetable's fault. Stupid timetable =P Oh well, I can't really complain, though sometimes, I'd rather be back in the first class.

allira92

HSC
get a friend from another phys class and swap with them. easy. unless you don't have friends. that could be bad.

that wont work cause swapping phys classes will mean swapping lines. so although this he'll be right, the friend wont be

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
hmm; i don't think that's exactly blackmail - more like tough luck
if anything, it's an opportunity to become more of a self-directed learner

kara42

HSC

So what should i do?
Your classes clash, that's not their problem and they can't change the whole system for one student... how the hell is this blackmail?

tku336

HSC
exactly. happens to people all the time. dont expect them to change their system just because you dont like your teacher.

LordPc

HSC
hmmm, I think some people in this thread have never really had a great teacher, like a really, awesome teacher.

cause then you would know that having a great teacher will improve your marks better than any self study or self motivation can since great teachers make you want to listen, learn and do the homework.

they can actually make you enjoy the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)