• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blasts rip through Bali again (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
im not quite sure that religion as a social construct is the problem here.

if religion did not exist, there would still be a significant clash of constructs, values and ideas.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
The fact that western forces occupy certain arab territory...in your opinion does that gives people the right to practice terrorism back...in your view? Say by bombing bali or other western centers?
Your very simple. READ my posts. No i did not justify the acts of terror in Bali or Madrid. What I stated that I support the true iraqi and palestine resistance. Because they are occupying Islamic Lands....the bali bombings are absolutely against ISLAM.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
im not quite sure that religion as a social construct is the problem here.

if religion did not exist, there would still be a significant clash of constructs, values and ideas.
A lack of exposure to other religions and tolerence of other religions is the reason for many disputes. The fact that some religions do not tolerate the existence of other religions does not help.

tempco

HSC
erawamai said:
The fact that some religions do not tolerate the existence of other religions does not help.
i thought tolerance was a universal tenet in all religions?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Your very simple. READ my posts. No i did not justify the acts of terror in Bali or Madrid. What I stated that I support the true iraqi and palestine resistance.
Please don't spin me answers.

When is terrorism justified? Currently you have stated that you support the iraqi and palestine resistance who often used terrorism to advance their cause.

tempco said:
i thought tolerance was a universal tenet in all religions?
hahahha yeah :rolleyes: I find that very interesting coming from a unsw people who probably goes to CBS.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
Please don't spin me answers.

When is terrorism justified. Currently you have stated that you support the iraqi and palestine resistance who often used terrorism to advance their cause.
Terrorism is not justified, in any circumstanc. Therefore Islam does not condone the Bali bombings. But resistance in Iraq and palestine is not terrorism.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Therefore Islam does not condone the Bali bombings. But resistance in Iraq and palestine is not terrorism.
Why not?

I believe those in Bali who feel what they did was justified.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The"resistance" in plaestine uses car bombs/ suicide bombers to kill innocent Isreali civilians. How is this not terrorism?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Becuase they are resisting occupation(which is terrorism).
Essentially you are justifying terrorism on the basis that you are being terrorised?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
let me ask you something...do you support the American occupation of iraq?
If I do then then I support terrorism. The means used by those in the resisting are terrorist means.

Essentially you are justifying the use of terrorism or violence because the other person is using terrorism or violence. I have no idea what that is going to achieve.

Now the BIG FAT QUESTION is whether you support resistance by proxy? Is it ok for people to attack western centers outside of areas of resistance in the name of the resistence of western culture

Kafka

HSC
N/A
Here is a radical idea. If terrorists used smart bombs and talked of collateral damage maybe they'd then be regarded as liberators.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
Essentially you are justifying the use of terrorism or violence because the other person is using terrorism or violence. I have no idea what that is going to achieve.
Once again you are wrong:

let me put it simply:

Resistance to occupation(iraq, Palestine) = I support
BALI BOMBINGS, LONDON BOMBINGS, 911, MADRID= I do not support.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
But where is the link between the occupation in Iraq and the terrorist bombings in bali?

Were the terrorists who blew themselves up yesterday being occupied?

Were the terrorists in Bali seeking revenge for the american occupation?
Or was it was the percieved oppression and ill treatment of islam by the west?

Either way their actions were in the name of the defence of islam. Something you are trying to justify.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Resistance to occupation(iraq, Palestine) = I support
BALI BOMBINGS, LONDON BOMBINGS, 911, MADRID= I do not support.
Yes Yes I get it. You support terrorism that constitues resistance in the country of occupation. The tough question is that this resistance happens to invovle Australian forces. Those resisting want to kill Australian soldiers. Do you support the killing of Australian soldiers in the name of resistance?

Last edited:

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
Do you support the killing of Australian soldiers in the name of resistance?
well if the iraqi resistance believes that the Australian soldiers pose a threat...then certainly, its a product for themselves.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
well if the iraqi resistance believes that the Australian soldiers pose a threat...then certainly, its a product for themselves.
Perhaps you should use that line in order to see how far up into the ALP you get :rolleyes:

Would you kill Australian soldiers if you were in iraq?

tempco

HSC
erawamai said:
hahahha yeah :rolleyes: I find that very interesting coming from a unsw people who probably goes to CBS.
no?

and i find your sweeping generalisation pretty interesting too.

as for the above question, i don't think it's very hard. nationality has no bearing on the occupier/occupied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)