Blinking Reflex and Pupil Reflex (1 Viewer)

erialc

Can some one PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! help to explain what the hell these are. I am doing a practise paper my *kind* teacher gave me but i do not have the answers and there are questions on the pupil and blinking reflex.

the question is

(i) By using the terms like effector, receptor, response and stimulus, draw a flow chart and describe how the blinking reflex works.

CAN ANYONE DO THIS?????

oh there is another question too

(ii) List the differences between the action of a blink reflex and a pupil reflex

thanks guys .. good luck!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I've never heard of the blinking or pupil relflex. Is it in the syllabus?

crazychic_66

HSC
N/A
blinking is just a relfex action (dilation of the pupil and saliva production) there isnt much on it in the syllabus i think its just to show u that reflex actions dont always involve the spinal cord and spinal nerves , they can also involve the brain. heres an experiment 4 showing u pupil reflex, Make the lights in the room dim. After a few minutes, look at the eyes of another person and note the size of the pupil (the black center spot in the middle of the eye). Turn on the bright room lights. Check the size of the pupil again. The pupils should now be smaller. This is the pupillary response: it "automatically" keeps out excessive light that may damage the eye. and heres one for blinking reflex. Our built-in reflexes really do protect us. Another demonstration of these built-in capabilites is the blink reflex. Have a student stand behind a see-through barrier like a window or a wire screen. Throw a cotton ball at the person. Did he blink? Probably. This is the blink reflex and serves to protect our eyes from damage.

hopefully this stuff helped u, i doubt we will need it tho

erialc

hey i just rang the HSC advice line

they were heaps helpful and yeah basically said that its really not in the syllabus so d/w about it and yeah just explained what a reflex was and related it back to blinking. She basically said my exam paper was way to advanced and my teacher was evil for giving it to me.

so yeah thanks guys and good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)