BMW E36 3-series coupe (2 Viewers)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
petar13 said:
A well-looked after BMW inline 6 can last into the 300000km mark. The 'monthly' mark your dad has given you will depend on how much you drive it. Yes, if you drive 5000km a month - you will need to do monthly services. Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about - find an example with a full service history (serviced at dealership or certified BMW mechanic), and you should be fine for the long haul.
If you try transplanting an engine from a different family, it will cost you as much (or more) than the value of the actual car itself. The amount of fabrication and one-off parts is quite astonishing.
Ok, thank you both petar and seremify for your info. Looking forward to getting my car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The 573 ones look nice- remind me a bit of the ones on my cousin's 330Ci.

The 572 however look like some tacky crap you'd expect to see in Need for Speed Underground.

Pace_T

HSC
Only idiots service their car at BMW service (which costs around $800). My friend used to service his E46 Coupe at this place in Parramatta for only a couple of hundred dollars.

7th Sign

HSC
get your car serviced by yourself fark its not that hard....

7th Sign

HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
go for the coupe!
scissor doors on a bmw, are you a tool or what!

true scissor doors on a euro and your a real big doolie or a autosaloon fan.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Only idiots service their car at BMW service (which costs around $800).
get your car serviced by yourself fark its not that hard....
Nobody suggested that he should be getting it serviced at a dealer. The suggestion was that he find himself a car that WAS serviced at such a place - so you have a proper record of absolutely everything done, and you know that it was done right. Once he gets it, he doesn't need to set foot at the stealership.

EATAPIE: If you like them, then go for them. Keep in mind that there is an import tax on anything you ship into Australia over AUD$250. The lights are significantly over the cutoff price, so try and find how much they will tax you, before you buy them.

EATAPIE

HSC
seremify007 said:
The 573 ones look nice- remind me a bit of the ones on my cousin's 330Ci.

The 572 however look like some tacky crap you'd expect to see in Need for Speed Underground.
Yeah I like the 573 ones. Agreed that the 572 ones look like crap.

EATAPIE

HSC
7th Sign said:
true scissor doors on a euro and your a real big doolie or a autosaloon fan.
what about the merc SLR (i think it is), with the scissor doors as stock? Do you think that looks stupid?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
EATAPIE said:
what about the merc SLR (i think it is), with the scissor doors as stock? Do you think that looks stupid?
We were invited to purchase that car... and it looked pretty good imo. Just not enough to justify the price they were asking.

I think the scissor doors only look good as stock because the car was designed to have that look all along... I think it looks crap if you put cheapass scissor doors on a car which wasn't designed for it making it look like crap. Honestly, I can't imagine scissor doors looking good on an old BMW.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm edit isn't working so I'll post again.

How much are the scissor doors? I checked with my cousin and he said it cost at least a few K...

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
We were invited to purchase that car... and it looked pretty good imo. Just not enough to justify the price they were asking.
Wow. Seriously? I had no idea that there were kids here from millionaire families...

EATAPIE

HSC
seremify007 said:
Hmm edit isn't working so I'll post again.

How much are the scissor doors? I checked with my cousin and he said it cost at least a few K...
well on that site i was looking at, it said it was US$1000, so thats about $1400-1500 i think?

And btw, if you ever see a black E36 coupe with scissor doors, come up and say hi. "eatapie! eatapie! your car looks gay!"

haha, funny if it happened to be someone else with scissor doors on their beema. "what you say to me?! you eat a freaking pie! your car's gay!"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
EATAPIE said:
well on that site i was looking at, it said it was US$1000, so thats about $1400-1500 i think?

And btw, if you ever see a black E36 coupe with scissor doors, come up and say hi. "eatapie! eatapie! your car looks gay!"

haha, funny if it happened to be someone else with scissor doors on their beema. "what you say to me?! you eat a freaking pie! your car's gay!"
ROFL probably get the "pie" beaten out of me.

petar13 said:
Wow. Seriously? I had no idea that there were kids here from millionaire families...
Not me... my cousins. I was just there when they got the invite.

If anyone cares, the asking price was RM8million... approx $2.3million AUD. Remember there is protection for the local industry with foreign vehicle tax of 300% in Malaysia- which isn't included in that price I do not think. EDIT: I think it was included because in M'sia you are not supposed to advertise cars without the tax included.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
petar13 said:
A well-looked after BMW inline 6 can last into the 300000km mark.
Just wanted to add that the BMW v8 can easily last more than 300k- but it should be noted that the BMW was definitely pushed to it's limits alot more than anyone in Australia would (ie. constantly driving at top speed) so I think the i6 should surpass the 300k mark without much problem.

EATAPIE

HSC
seremify007 said:
Just wanted to add that the BMW v8 can easily last more than 300k- but it should be noted that the BMW was definitely pushed to it's limits alot more than anyone in Australia would (ie. constantly driving at top speed) so I think the i6 should surpass the 300k mark without much problem.
ok thanks. Btw, I was browsing on the net for angel eyes, and saw some nice red, blue, and aqua ones. Does anyone know if they're legal in Australia? And if not, how much trouble would I get in, if caught with them on? Which colour do you think looks best?

Take a look:
these are red angel eyes for the E46 - it was these that caught my attention first. Makes the car look like some demon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...043517689QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
These are the red angel eyes for E36:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...044495022QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
These are the blue angel eyes for E36:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...044324210QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
And aqua angel eyes:
http://www.surelight.com/content.php?categoryId=326

CieL

HSC
Yeah I'm pretty sure the white ones are legal since they come with alot of beemers now.. but I'm not sure about the coloured ones..

I know someone who's had them done on his EG6 (white)

But once again.. they're fkn bright n fkn annoying, the only time I'd appreciate this is when they're on show only

EATAPIE

HSC
CieL said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure the white ones are legal since they come with alot of beemers now.. but I'm not sure about the coloured ones..

I know someone who's had them done on his EG6 (white)

But once again.. they're fkn bright n fkn annoying, the only time I'd appreciate this is when they're on show only
yeah, i know the white ones come on the newer, more expensive BMWs now (5series, 7 series), but I think they don't draw as much attention as these coloured ones.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen them a few times in M'sia and they don't look that bad I guess... but I think they'll be drawing attention way too much and could get you in ****. Doubt they are legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)