"Board of Studies lashed over HSC" and other stories (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
im 17 and it cost me $30 not $15 :( and i was only finding out a state ranking for one subject..
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/administration/foi_fees.html

It's never easy to find.

Kaatie

HSC
although it doesnt mention how i can apply for this rebate? thanks for the link though!

jet

Banned
HSC
the HSC is in no way a quantitative measure of smartness.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
now now, lets not turn this into a "me too!" fest.

Has the board released any infomation like the report reccomended they do yet?

jet

Banned
HSC
And so it's "unconventional" to have flair in English (Advanced)? So most people just memorise essays? Boy, that's sad. People should learn how to use their skills instead of just their memory. That would be ideal. And boasting? I hardly boast. Sometimes I pretend that I love myself, but it's just pretending. In reality, I hate myself. I have body image problems and refuse to look at myself in the mirror unless it is necessary. I dislike how people treat me and I have often wished that I could just be someone else.
You seem to have trouble understanding the fact that the HSC is nothing like you prescribe it to be.

Considering the fact that you have not even begun the prelim year, that would certainly make your claim to authority on the HSC, and all the subjects it provides, doubtful.

Having not had experience with the HSC English Advanced course, you have no idea about how it works and the true conditions you must endure in an examination situation with regards to the HSC. Give it a year and then come back upholding your original attitudes. Then perhaps we might treat you seriously.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Bored of Studies - Conversation Between Shadowdude and Schoey93

some other name guesses happen

Sounds like your just fishing for answers from him
Do you think you know all of BOS?
Bored of Studies - Conversation Between Schoey93 and Ethanescence
Is this good ol' Ethan Mallabay (I know that's a typo) ? Probably not but meh tell me if it is wuldn't u
--

Nope, I'm not Ethan Mallabay. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Michael, I know people on BoS who did 4U English in 2009 and said they did not memorise one essay for their HSC examination. I believe Anna also says that prepared essay do not work, for her.
That's good for them. We're not them. :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
memorising essays gave me 20% increase in marks.
i just don't like walking into an exam without knowing what to write

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
memorising essays gave me 20% increase in marks.
i just don't like walking into an exam without knowing what to write
Memorising essays seem to work for you. I used to do that for history in years 9 and early year 10. It would take ages. Now I remember points and formulate it into an essay on the day of the exam. Everyone is different :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)