Board of Studies lost my booklets the 2011 Maths exam, WHAT NOW? (1 Viewer)

13abie

HSC
I was expecting 93+ for HSC mathematics, and ended up with 86 (externally, my internal weirdly enough was 93).
I was confused and dissapointed, so I ordered the results check and the raw mark check. The results check said everything was fine but the raw marks had interesting news.
For over 20 marks (all in a row) its listed as 'non-attempt' when I attempted them (and for the most part correctly). I also ordered the actual written examination and it was just missing those questions.

So they lost my booklets. what now? I'm not just gonna accept it, my ATAR is dangerously close to the 2011 cut off (currently 98.35) and I need the extra 0.05-0.10 that this mistake has cost me.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Call BOS ASAP, explain the problem and have them resolve it.

It's happened to some others here and they've had it solved by calling BOS.

If it is, you'll be issued a new ATAR.

D94

HSC
N/A
Call them, ask them to verfiy the books with the blue card you signed at the end of the exam, and see what happens.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
That would piss me off so much.

You will need proof that you actually completed the sections that were lost. Maybe contacting your maths high school teacher and/or principal explaining the solution may convince them to your cause.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
This is the 3rd person on BOS it's happened to.

From such a small sample of people there has been a few major mistakes on the Board Of Studies behalf.

Not reassuring at all.

khfreakau

HSC

From such a small sample of people there has been a few major mistakes on the Board Of Studies behalf.

Not reassuring at all.
all the more reason to get your stuff checked, it seems.

smartalec

HSC
one of my mates got a phone call from the BOS to say that their atar has gone up...and he didn't even intervene or anything, he just got a call from uac.
the bos is just retarded.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
one of my mates got a phone call from the BOS to say that their atar has gone up...and he didn't even intervene or anything, he just got a call from uac.
the bos is just retarded.
His internal was probably effected by someone else in his class getting their shit checked and his internal changing.

smartalec

HSC
His internal was probably effected by someone else in his class getting their shit checked and his internal changing.

don't talk to me unless you're going to reply to my inboxes hahahaha. but valid point!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
don't talk to me unless you're going to reply to my inboxes hahahaha. but valid point!
Soz brah, I have been out and stuff and not feeling well lately.
Totes will in a minute.

Dylanamali

HSC

Not reassuring at all.
+1 - friend of mine got contacted by UAC about an increase an ATAR - however without even a results check/raw marks report, apparently BOS has actually made quite a few errors this year..

13abie

HSC
UPDATE

if this happens to anyone else have hope! BoS fixed the problem, and ATAR went up to 98.7!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I'm so happy for you! Good job on fighting it!

I'm definitely getting a results check this year-things organised by so many humans are bound to have human error. Until we have BOS robots...until.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)