!!!!!!board of studies vs. school!!!!! (1 Viewer)

amyrowe

HSC
just needing some clarification:
1) for belonging, is it better to use a related text from the board of studies list, or does that mean heaps of other people across the state are doing it thereby putting me at a disadvantatge? apparently doing foreign films is good?
2) is it true that if you're ranked first internally, you'll take the person's mark who ranks first in the external exams?

would appreciate a reply :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
can't answer the first question.

but as to the second, if you come first your assessment mark will be equal to the best hsc mark someone from your school gets. but your hsc mark is your hsc mark.

bored of sc

HSC
hermand said:
can't answer the first question.

but as to the second, if you come first your assessment mark will be equal to the best external exam mark someone from your school gets.
Now it's correct.

HSC mark is the average of the assessment mark and exam mark.

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
amyrowe said:
1) for belonging, is it better to use a related text from the board of studies list, or does that mean heaps of other people across the state are doing it thereby putting me at a disadvantatge? apparently doing foreign films is good?
If I were you I would find related texts that aren't on the board of studies list. Many students will use these and you want to differentiate yourself from these students. In saying that, if you do use the list, make sure you do them well.

lou071

HSC
N/A
amyrowe said:
just needing some clarification:
2) is it true that if you're ranked first internally, you'll take the person's mark who ranks first in the external exams?

would appreciate a reply :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
second question is answered well,
for the first question, choosing related text, think about any movie, novel etc which conveys the theme of belonging really well, talk to your teacher if you can use it. i would say the best way is to ask your private tutor to recommend

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
bored of sc said:
Now it's correct.

HSC mark is the average of the assessment mark and exam mark.
ah yes. sorry wrong terminology. i knew what i was trying to say; it made sense in my head haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)