BOS IGNORED ONE OF MY WRITING BOOKLETS!!! (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
GETTING A 0 AND GETTING A "NON ATTEMPT" ARE DIFFERENT!!!
i would not mind getting a 0 for a questions, cos that means theyve read my answer and decided it was wrong, which im totally ok with
just that they HAVENT READ MY ANSWERS, thus have me a "NON ATTEMPT" as they assumed that i didnt attempt the question, BUT I ACTUALLY HAVE, in a seperate writing booklet!!

AND IVE TOLD YOU i know they wouldnt ignore it on purpose!!! i have submitted it to them, but they didnt mark it!!! THATS THE PROBLEM HERE!!!!!!
We understand that you're frustrated.. but dayum those caps....

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You are right that every booklet is marked and that a Non-Attempt is different to a zero.

A zero is for a completely erroneous response - that is something written but totally wrong.

A non-attempt is when there is no attempt made - usually in an empty booklet.

The blue forms are kept until the HSC papers are destroyed - yes something doesn't make sense here - contact the BOS and talk to someone - don't just sent an email but actually do a person to person talk and explain quietly and unemotionally what has happened - remember that the person you would be talking to wouldn't be the one who 'lost' your single booklet - assuming one was lost. You want them to advise you and to sort out what has happened.

zhiying

HSC
Calm down and wait for their response

but also prepare to get told that you just bombed your externals

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If the information you have provided is true, I believe that this would be a rare occurrence where the BoS has made a mistake. I would advise you to do what cem said above. :)

Good luck

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Good luck man. You should have dealt with this sooner, but I hope you get your marks back. My guess is that they probably got confused between the two booklets or something. Man, I hope I'm not the handful of people the BOS screw up.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn that sucks. Give it a shot. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't change your mark.
+1. There's no harm in trying and seeing what happens.

Lina3

HSC
+1. There's no harm in trying and seeing what happens.
+2 :D
...haven't done my HSC yet, so I don't know what my word will be worth but...If I turn out to be in this situation is two years time I would definitely contact them and do all I can to clear up the confusion.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
+2 :D
...haven't done my HSC yet, so I don't know what my word will be worth but...If I turn out to be in this situation is two years time I would definitely contact them and do all I can to clear up the confusion.
+3 :p

ilk

HSC
N/A
THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
Board of studies contacted me this morning saying they're getting the booklet marked, and hopefully, will get a new hsc mark by tmrw or thursday!
and they will contact UAC for a new ATAR :):)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
Board of studies contacted me this morning saying they're getting the booklet marked, and hopefully, will get a new hsc mark by tmrw or thursday!
and they will contact UAC for a new ATAR :):)
Thats great! Good luck

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nice work! However, I doubt that the marking of a writing booklet will get you another whole 2 ATAR points.

M

MichelleV

It's good to hear they are resolving that issue; I hope you get more atar points so you can get into the course you want :)

ilk

HSC
N/A
Nice work! However, I doubt that the marking of a writing booklet will get you another whole 2 ATAR points.
im hoping it will cos then, my business will get counted as 2 units ( it only counted 1 before, and my 1 unit of extension maths)
but who knows XD it wouldnt be too bad with just 1 atar point :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)