BOS Showcase: 2009 Major Works (2 Viewers)

philphie

Banned
HSC
i bet i got the worst mark: 22! i knew it wasn't great but it wasn't that bad
what no way!?!?!? i remember everyone was raving about yours, no one even bothered to read mine here and i came out doing pretty great

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
you nominate your own major work, it's too late now. i didn't apply because i didn't have the final draft of my reflection statement
Really? Do you have any more information or links on this?

I thought the Board of Studies sent out nominations on the 21st of December, and you would sent in your major work by the 7th of January 2010 for it to be considered. And I'm guessing if you didn't want your major work to be considered, you'd voluntarily not send them your major work.

Young Writers Showcase - Board of Studies NSW

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC

I thought the Board of Studies sent out nominations on the 21st of December, and you'd sent in your major work by the 7th of January 2010 for it to be considered. And I'm guessing if you didn't want your major work to be considered, you'd voluntarily not send them your major work.

i'm not sure about that, it's just how i remember it when reading the news updates on student online

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
what no way!?!?!? i remember everyone was raving about yours, no one even bothered to read mine here and i came out doing pretty great
sounds like they didnt get it
unlucky mate i liked ur script

Thanks, i was surprised that my mark was so low, but oh well, i love the play and it's received over a 500 hits on a site (which i now cannot remember the name of :p) so it just goes but the subjectivity of the markers, and apparently they don't like comedy :p. But i got my ATAR that i wanted so I'm still happy :D.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Thanks, i was surprised that my mark was so low, but oh well, i love the play and it's received over a 500 hits on a site (which i now cannot remember the name of :p) so it just goes but the subjectivity of the markers, and apparently they don't like comedy :p. But i got my ATAR that i wanted so I'm still happy :D.
nursing hah?

well don't worry you'll get your chance at being a great writer again, just like that guy who wrote the script for E.R. to pay off for med school, and look how many seasons that show has!?!?

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
well fuck them
congrats man

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Marcquelle, that's shocking! I guess doing comedy was pretty risky. At least you have the assurance that we all loved it. Congrats on your ATAR too.

accio.brain

HSC

I thought the Board of Studies sent out nominations on the 21st of December, and you would sent in your major work by the 7th of January 2010 for it to be considered. And I'm guessing if you didn't want your major work to be considered, you'd voluntarily not send them your major work.

Yeah i thought this too. I didn't think you had to nominate your own work...

noelknows

HSC
Does anyone know where one can find the 1st in state MW? - apparently it was asubmarine?

philphie

Banned
HSC
dear Marquell, i've read alot of pieces of shit in my time, but this pompously bad work outstunk them all. i myself have come across alot of feeble minds in my day but you sir surely have set a new standard of sub-excellence.
lest we remember
ease it up a bit mate, this thread is for constructive criticism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)