BOW 2008 - what are your ideas (1 Viewer)

adriana08

HSC
layout STILL not uploading??!!!

Indie-DiscoZ said:
my teacher said to use acrylic. so i will cause i did a trial with the oils last week. still a little wet. and thankyou. am i the only person who doesn't like it?
good to hear! lol :)

what do you mean you don't like it? if you don't mind me asking....what don't you like about it - the concept or how you're doing it, or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
oh my mind keeps changing about what i wanna do. first the background was grey, now i wanna use tone and light greens/blues. my own indeciseness is all really.

Key-ring

HSC
I have been trying to do this big found objects assemblage painting sort of inspired by Jasper Johns and his assemblages. I have been wandering the streets just finding stuff and messing around with house paints, it’s been pretty messy. My friends think I’m a bit weird when I rock up to school with broken watering cans and stuff but… meh.

I know I should have a half decent concept by now... but I don’t really, I was thinking about going cheesy and talking about forgotten junk and treasures.

What do you guys think?

pezdog

HSC
Inverse night photography manipulated through photoshop

Looks good, just has no meaning lol

xclusv-aj

HSC
im doing something totally different to everyone in this thread. So far my idea is to sort of do a personal documentation form through images of the yr12 HSC experience using images i take and editing them using photoshop. I am also planning on using drawings and other types of media and not just digital to express this theme or idea in my artwork. Not yet a finished idea for my BOW but its at least a start.

DJ's Girlfriend

HSC
My artwork is based on depression and how it is seen through the eyes of a sufferer. I'm having a huge black canvas with poetry written on it also a large dreamcatcher with a broken mirror in the middle of it and another canvas with a crying eye wrapped in barb wire. Also smaller canvas' with photos of eyes on it....... i love art!!
peace xoxox

jessyy

HSC
im basing my major around split personality. im making a video, paintings, scupltures and photography all based around it. im trying to bring alot of dada into my artwork as i love the style. i just want my audience to feel something when they look at it, even if they feel sick ill see it as a success!

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Okay seriously, at this stage of the year how many people have actually started their ACTUAL body of work?
Our school had this chick from S&S Art Supplies to show us heaps of different materials and we could order stuff via them at the beginning of the year.
The materials were great, so i put in an order.
Few weeks later the materials arrived but they told me that they didnt even make the materials i ordered anymore:| wtf lol
So now i have to go somewhere to get my material :(

jessyy

HSC
iv started painting etc, and collecting photos for my digital stuff :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
omg, all your ideas are so good! i feel threatened. Im exploring private moments in peoples lives, either in their head or in what theyre actually doing and the feelings people get when these moments are invaded by others.

Im using digital photography in highly contrasted bill henson-ey kind of style, but using ur usual garden varety lights instead of white lights to make the shots warmer and personal as well to make them seem more urgent in those that look at invasion of space.

ive been taking some preliminary shots that have FINALLY started turning out like i want them, tell me what u think?

adriana08

HSC
gloworm14 said:
Okay seriously, at this stage of the year how many people have actually started their ACTUAL body of work?
Our school had this chick from S&S Art Supplies to show us heaps of different materials and we could order stuff via them at the beginning of the year.
The materials were great, so i put in an order.
Few weeks later the materials arrived but they told me that they didnt even make the materials i ordered anymore:| wtf lol
So now i have to go somewhere to get my material :(
ouch! what a bummer :angry: i'd be burning lol

i've already got all my pieces of wood, perspex and canvases. but i've only started drawing on a couple of them - jst the basic outlines nothing much

may-cat ^^^
i really like those pics!
looking good :uhhuh:
now i'm starting to feel bad cos everyone's sound so good

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
its weird isnt it, how when u start to hear everyone elses ideas you all of a sudden feel like urs is either un-creative, cliche or just plain bad (at least i do anyway) i wonder why that is?

jessyy

HSC
i got to school tody only to find out some little kids had broken into our year twelve art room and slashed my canvas.. not happy jan.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
If that was me id find out who that little shit was and get a knife and slash their face:ninja:

Metaflower

HSC
I'm doing a film...the majority of which I'm shooting on Tues...argh.
It an exploration of the relationship between our human bodies and nature and how we create so many products to try and look "natural"...I'm painting a model with natural designs and then destroying them, like a natural cycle - pushing the model against a wall, pouring water over them, etc...juxtaposing the model's movement with footage of natural disasters like storms etc.

I know what you mean about your own idea seeming crap when you write it down next to everyone else's...

nascent

HSC
well im doing a collection of photographs based around scenes, images, motifs & symbols in books.

ill give an example of one...for Paradise Lost by Milton i've chosen the last scene where adam and eve are stepping out of the garden of eden. im doing a modern interpretation with two people standing on grass with a city scape ahead of them, apple cores will be scattered around (eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge).

im doing other books like... v for vendetta, the destructors, nausea...

tell me what u guys think =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)