Boxing Day Sales (2 Viewers)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have a question:

if a pricetag says a price but it is incorrectly priced, what are your rights as a customer?

eg. i saw a cute marcs dress marked down from $150 to $59, but when i went to buy it the sales assistant said it was actually $99. should i have persevered?

HSC
N/A
Yes! Yes!

:(

Quick! Hurry back to the store!

Unless you simply mistook for 9 for a 5, or it was dodgily written. I guess it depends on their code of conduct... at Coles, you would have got the dress for free by now!

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
if a pricetag says a price but it is incorrectly priced, what are your rights as a customer?

eg. i saw a cute marcs dress marked down from $150 to $59, but when i went to buy it the sales assistant said it was actually $99. should i have persevered?
You should have loudly threatened to sue! I'm pretty sure that, legally, you should get the dress for $59, but if it was a simple mistake then most fair people would let it pass. I guess I would have questioned the assistant about why it was incorrectly marked, and if she didn't have a good answer I would have made a bit of a fuss. Did you buy it in the end?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no i didnt buy it, because i only picked it up because it was marked down so drastically and was pretty cute...

dammit! i should have been my usual headstrong bargain-whore self...but i wasnt feeling 100%.

maybe i should complain... i lve complaining and making a fuss :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
I got:

- Pierre Cardin Super Fine Wool suit (but that wasn't on discount, I just wanted it lol)
- Jag belt
- Pierre Cardin belt
- 2 business pants
- 2 business shirts
- black silk tie

The only real 'discounts' I found was on the business shirts.. everything else had crap mark downs.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i bought a penguin brand shirt for $52 today down from 70.
I also got new havianas, although not on sale for 19 at general pants

Collin

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
i have a question:

As a consumer, you have the right to purchase that garment at the advertised price, i.e $59. Companies can get into big trouble with the ACCC over issues like that. Next time this happens, ask to speak to her manager and threaten action. Trust me, most managers would prefer a slight loss in profit over a nice little visit by ACCC officers, considering businesses like that can get fined into the tens of thousands of dollars for breaching fair trading laws.

There are generally two types of incorrect pricing to take note however:

1. Incorrect shelf label name on item. For example "CUTE ASDFASDF DRESS = $99'.. in this case, the advertisement of the garment was a CUTE ASDFASDF DRESS, not a CUTE MARCS DRESS.. so they don't have to give it to you for the discounted price. However, that still makes them fucking idiots for advertising the wrong product in the first place.

2. Correct shelf label but wrong price.. i.e what happened to you. Under these circumstances, you're entitled to whatever price the tag specifies.

Hope you learnt something! :)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
why doesn't someone tell me before i buy things :(

.....how about just over your left shoulder throug
HSC
Bob.J said:
nice of you to say all this and clear up the confusion

but you have the right to not tell us the reason behind it... i would've kept it private
lol...i've been told i'm the best with secrets, but that when it comes to me i'm very open - within reason....oh well thats the way i am... :) **but now that i think about it, if i had thought about it i probably would have too**
Ms 12 said:
It doesn't matter who bought the home, if you have a home in your name at any time, you do not get the first homebuyers grant when you go to buy your own place.
really i didn't know that <but now i do>, oh well thats ok, i don't mind, the grant only pays the solicitors fees so next time i buy something its another 15grand plus interest.... :( on the plus side :) i now have a house thats officially mine, the latter is now just a minor glitch for next time....

HSC
N/A
Was wondering that. Ah well. I hope that you two are happy, and have a prosperous future - I'd wish you more, but I don't want to layer on the corniness:(

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
just as a side note, does everyone know the General Pants in market city? Has anyone ever actually seen it NOT on SALE before? =/

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
JKDDragon said:
As a consumer, you have the right to purchase that garment at the advertised price, i.e $59. Companies can get into big trouble with the ACCC over issues like that. Next time this happens, ask to speak to her manager and threaten action. Trust me, most managers would prefer a slight loss in profit over a nice little visit by ACCC officers, considering businesses like that can get fined into the tens of thousands of dollars for breaching fair trading laws.

Hope you learnt something! :)
thanks, i think i was done over, because the actual label written on the item was $59... ill go back there today and see what i can do.

thanks very much, im sure that knowledge will come in handy while bargain hunting in the future.

and tezOr, no that general pants is not a real sale, its simply a normal general pants with an extended sale rack.

Collin

HSC
N/A
tez0r said:
just as a side note, does everyone know the General Pants in market city? Has anyone ever actually seen it NOT on SALE before? =/
Many retailers always have something on sale as a way of retaining their clientele all year round. They simply revolve around the products to put on sale on a regular basis, and thus have the pretext to label up 'SALE' all the time! It's good business strategy.

Alleycat, you go back there and argue. Infact, you can even tell me which store it is, I'll gladly go back. I would love the see the horror on the manager's face as I threaten to acquire ACCC intervention *gleams* :D

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
a male bargaining at a large chain retail store... respect.

= Jennifer =

HSC
here is what i have bought at the sales (so far) :

Myer

three singlet tops $9.95 each
miss shop polo top $9.95

Giodarno

white round neck top $5
black round neck top $5

Jackie E

business jacket $40 (original price $200!!)
business pants $ 20 (original price $120!!)
skirt $10
skirt $20

Jay Jays

three singlet tops $15 each
white jacket $30
white belt thingy that goes over jeans $10
black belt thingy that goes over jeans $10

Strandbags

black handbag $30 (not on sale)

Glassons

yellow jacket $10
blue jacket $10
orange top $10
orange jacket $10
brown singlet $20
grey jeans $20
blue jeans $20

Insport

adidas taekwondo shoes $120

polo ralph lauren shop

polo skinny top $69

Grab

brown belt $16

Cotton On

skirt $20
plan v neck top $15

Hugo Boss

woman singlet $70

= Jennifer =

HSC
Ms 12 said:
You can get RL polos from DFO at any time of the year for $80.

The general public are very very stupid.
reduced to $69 now :) because the colour of the polo horse changed for the season

i know a place in central where i buy them for $45 but they only had red ones left now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)