Braces (1 Viewer)

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
i want clear braces, but dont think its happening.. given the fact that they supposedly cost alot more :(

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
DERRICKISVIET said:
i want clear braces, but dont think its happening.. given the fact that they supposedly cost alot more :(
I dont like the looks of them, with some ppl that have them, it looks like they have a bad plague problem :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
lol, i actually got my braces off today and it hurt like a bitch... but i'm okay now :) But yeh, braces aren't that bad. Your teeth can be really sensitive after it gets tightened, so you can't eat any hard food for about 3 days. Anyway, you only get them tightened once every 4-6 weeks, so i doubt it'll get in the way of ur hsc work.

Last edited:

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Lawrence you ReToRD GuY!!!112

I got my braces at the very start of the HSC year (December 15th).. better late than never.. it was christmas so the orthodontist guy put red and green coloured brackets on

the only problem with braces is that you look retarded with them :(

oh well :eek:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
oh the retainers are the WORST bit about braces by far, mine were so painful and annoying. I threw in the towel after 5 months and stopped wearing them, and 3 years on my teeth have not budged
Little old smart arse me rocked up to the dentist this morning, where he informed me I have to wear my plate again :( cos of my wisdom teeth

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
you're lucky that you're teeth didnt move after not wearing the plate for five months. mine move if i dont wear it :( and i have to wear it every night.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Born Dancer said:
you're lucky that you're teeth didnt move after not wearing the plate for five months. mine move if i dont wear it :( and i have to wear it every night.

well..I was supposed to be wearing them every night as well but it didnt work. It was incredibly painful, and unfortunately my habit of sleepwalking and removing any items that annoy me in my sleep (ie clothes), extended to not only removing my plate but at times placing it in weird places,n which i would then have to search for the next day with NO recollection of hiding it. So I'm nt sure how I'm going to sort out wearing it again

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
how long will you need braces for? i had a friend who got them off after 3 months. If i had to choose, definitely get them now.
Ive never had them so i cant say how much it hurts. And while your at your dentist, ask him how much it costs to get your teeth whitened.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Orange Juice said:
how long will you need braces for? i had a friend who got them off after 3 months. If i had to choose, definitely get them now.
Ive never had them so i cant say how much it hurts. And while your at your dentist, ask him how much it costs to get your teeth whitened.
3months?? jaaaysus.
i had mine on for 2yrs and 8 months.
they dont hurt all the time, just when you first get them on and then when you get them tightened once every six weeks or so

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
actually it would have been 8 weeks. cuz he got them over the christmas holidays in like yr 10 and took em off before school started. his teeth may have only needed a little straightening or something.

im so glad i never needed braces. its hard to pick up as it is

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol as if having braces makes it any harder to pick someone up.

bmc

HSC
I had mine for 2 and a half years. 12 months longer than the dentist said. The wen it came to retainers he gave up on making me wear them full time because i broke so many. (thats wat happens wen u learn to take them out with your tongue)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I was meant to have mine for only 18 months but i ended up having them just over 2 years, because not all of my baby teeth came out at an appropriate time, holding up the whole thing

yes, i had baby teeth at the age of 16

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I had mine for 18 months, did everything the dentist told me, no problems. Now I only have to wear plates when I got to bed. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I had mine since year9 and just recently took them off. didn't hurt one bit !

CieL

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
unfortunately my habit of sleepwalking and removing any items that annoy me in my sleep (ie clothes), extended to not only removing my plate but at times placing it in weird places,n which i would then have to search for the next day with NO recollection of hiding it.
AHAHAHA Taking off your plate and hiding it whilst you're sleepwalking??? Just wondering: where did you eventually find your plates?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
CieL said:
AHAHAHA Taking off your plate and hiding it whilst you're sleepwalking??? Just wondering: where did you eventually find your plates?

I've found it inside my pillowcase, underneath the mattress, inside handbags, in my lingerie drawer, once i found id gotten up in my sleep, gone into the bathroom and actually put it back into the container where it belongs, ironically, the last place i looked. Its the WORST habit to have, whenever somethings annoying me in my sleep i just get rid of it, which is not good when you are at someone elses place and wake up to find youve taken off your clothes and thrown them everywhere

Lexie1001

HSC
braces aren't painful at all and i think u should go for it so u get the whole process over and done with. the only pain is a few days after getting them on and for about a day when u get them tightened/elastics put in. if it would distract you so much that you wouldn't be able to study then u shouldn't get them but i doubt it.

ur teeth dont seem too bad so i think you'd have them for less than a year - just make sure u wear the elastics as much as possible so u don't have them for longer. i never wore my elastics and it took two years :( one girl in my year had similar teeth to you (i think) and only had hers for 6 months. it probably depends on the place u go to though.

the only thing that would stop me from getting braces in yr 12 is that in all your formal/school photos, yearbook etc you'll have a nice glint on ur teeth from the metal lol...but u can just get the clear brace thingos i spose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)