Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (1 Viewer)

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
I, at this moment, can't answer with confidence: "She's innocent", as much as I want to. I feel sorry for her, hence I'm not apathetic.

It's just these things that annoy me terribly:
- the media bias

- the media blowout and sensationalism

- the fact that there are other Australians who are in Corby's position and are probably just innocent as she is (IF she is innocent) yet we don't know even their names (this is also injustice, don't you forget it)

- the fact that Kevin Rudd demanded that the 2 QCs are to be sent today instead of June, thus treating the case with special attention

- those morons who demand refunds on the tsunami appeal

- those morons who think lesser of the Indonesians

- those morons who think that Australians should be exempt from Indonesian law

- Mike Munro

- Russell Crowe

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Wesnat said:
I, at this moment, can't answer with confidence: "She's innocent", as much as I want to. I feel sorry for her, hence I'm not apathetic.

It's just these things that annoy me terribly:
- the media bias

- the media blowout and sensationalism

- the fact that there are other Australians who are in Corby's position and are probably just innocent as she is (IF she is innocent) yet we don't know even their names (this is also injustice, don't you forget it)

- the fact that Kevin Rudd demanded that the 2 QCs are to be sent today instead of June, thus treating the case with special attention

- those morons who demand refunds on the tsunami appeal

- those morons who think lesser of the Indonesians

- those morons who think that Australians should be exempt from Indonesian law

- Mike Munro

- Russell Crowe

*nods in agreement*

*pats Wesnat on the back*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
I thought that they were merely pointing out that the conservative right were gaining power at certain levels of the state party. To tell the truth, though, I find it hard to believe that a libertarian would consider themselves as being on the Liberal Right (assuming that the left/right divide in this case is one of social values rather than economic issues).
All the libertarians I know at reasonably high levels in the party consider themselves Right.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
libertarians are often considered to be extreme right I find at least, tho their social goals are probably similar to the left, the way they propose about achieving them is much different.

libertarians are generally a small sect of politics anyway, they have no real power to excercise but some good ideas, the problem is libertarian economics is often very complicated and hard for the electorate to understand.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
people are upset because of the judge's decision
thats why people want their tsunami donation money back..
how much did we raised? 50 million? hella alot..
bribes can make her 20 year sentence reduce way down.

[One European prisoner said he had paid $35,000 to get his sentence brought down from 12 years to five. A further cut to just 18 months was on offer when he appealed to the Supreme Court, but could not raise the extra $25,000 asking price.]

^^^^^^
http://smh.com.au/news/World/On-the...-you-have-money/2005/05/27/1117129897868.html

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Yes. Good thing it's just a few groups of morons though...

or is it?

Blindly believing Corby's account that she opened the bag willingly is also naive. She had more reasons to make one up. Of course, the custom officer is an Indonesian who can't speak English, so people think he's less intelligent that Corby is...

Corby - 1 point

Custom officer - nil

spell check

HSC
Asquithian said:
It is perhaps the sadest indicment on the Australia people.

That some people genuinely think that because we donated them money in time of need that somehow our citizens are not subject to their laws or that we should recieve lighter treatment.

What an utter load of crap.
your spelling is a sad indictment on the australian people

i before e except after c

bEAbEA

HSC
i just feel so sorry for her if she is innocent - which i think she is.

As soon as they found the drugs in her bag, they should have taken the container away and tested it for DNA, fingerprints etc. Instead, they mucked around for a few days, getting all evidence contaminated, so there was so hope of her being proved innocent.
Indonesian government system really is annoying - after all we've done for them!

Does anyone know if australia was successful in pursuading indonesia to let her serve her sentance in qld?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Those ppl who are judging her innocent cause she looks innocent are justifably called dumb, but those ppl who sum up the evidence and say there is a higher probability that she is innocent are entitled to do so

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Korn said:
Those ppl who are judging her innocent cause she looks innocent are justifably called dumb, but those ppl who sum up the evidence and say there is a higher probability that she is innocent are entitled to do so
Yep, that's just about right. But above all, nobody should be 100% sure about her innocence or guilt. These people obviously are just basing their 'facts' from her image. Your inclusion of the word 'probability' sums the point very well.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bEAbEA said:
Indonesian government system really is annoying - after all we've done for them!
What do they owe us? Their laws are their laws, we can't tell them how to run their own country. Guilty or not Corby is a victim of that.

tempco

HSC
Argonaut said:
Now, I've blown my stack at a fair few things related to Corby, but this one takes the cake:

People who have made donations to tsunami victims are asking for their money back now that Schappelle Corby has been found guilty.

That's double standards.
hahahaha what filth.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
So much for the 'generous' Australians. (I'm sorry, but how many times did they say the word 'generous' on television during those terrible months?)

bEAbEA

HSC
HeCtic said:
What do they owe us? Their laws are their laws, we can't tell them how to run their own country. Guilty or not Corby is a victim of that.
They don't owe us anything, and they've done what they think is right, and i respect that. But i can't help but feel a bit negative towards them, and thats just a personal opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)